_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
modelling water
milojko
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 143 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 07:23 AM UTC
Looking for anyone who can refer me to good ways of modelling water as i want to show a tank wading through a stream in scale.

thanks, milojko
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
KitMaker: 720 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 09:49 AM UTC
if you want to do only a hole full of water you can use vinavil ,you paint before the base and after put on water and vinavil.Wait 2days .after if the color is'nt perfect use the oils.If you want make lake,sea river there are specific "expensive" product

my website about military scale models and dioramas http://www.tankfive.net
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2003 - 10:11 AM UTC
On the top right hand corner there is a search button. Click on it and type in "splash" or "splash campaign".
There was a group diorama build recently, and it had to include a water feature. All the guys took part described how they made their water. The search will give you a long list of threads where you will find lots of questions and answers and also great tips.
The splash campaign folder in the gallery will give you some ideas on the results achieved. Slodder´s dio had a partially sunk jeep, so this method might suit you.
The gallery can be found here . Good hunting.
laurie
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 217 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:25 PM UTC
Hi,
A good technique is to use transparent silicone kit. You can paint under it the color of the water and then you put the kit over it. First the kit is white, but after a day it is transparent.

Laurie
 _GOTOTOP