_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
search help or suggestion
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 10:27 PM UTC
Hi - I was trying to find an old Campaign thread in the Forums section and noticed there really does not seem to be a tool to search Forum topics by words in their titles. (There is a search box up in the site banner, but its remit is very widespread and its results are not useful for what I was doing.) While I did eventually find what I needed by turning the pages, I was trying to find threads with "Sherman" in the title...

Is there a way to easily search the titles within a Forum that I have missed? (If so, how do I do it? Thanks in advance...) And if there isn't, would it be possible/easy/useful to create one?

Just my thoughts...

Tom
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 - 01:43 AM UTC
If you see a thred that interests you, post a response in it by asking a question, making a comment or something like that. Later if you want to find that thread again, search your profile for you forum posts. It should show up as one of the threads you've posted in.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 - 04:19 AM UTC
or easier still bookmark the threads of interest in your browser.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Friday, March 12, 2010 - 06:10 AM UTC
Thanks!

Both are good suggestions, and I do both when I remember (excluding "senior moments", of course...), but it occurred to me there was a potential improvement for the site. That is, if it is technically possible to add such a search box on the Forums core pages...

It would help when I know I haven't seen a thread on a subject, but don't want to needlessly start one just to be told "we covered that recently". My usual route for such searches is to step outside to Google and let it point me back in at the right thread, but I figured there ought to be a better way.

Tom
 _GOTOTOP