_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
how do I make my own figs??
laurie
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 217 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 06:54 AM UTC
hi,
I'm doing a new dio about the landing on Omaha beach. I want to know how I can make my own figs, do I have to buy figs and change them with other parts or do I had to make them by my self with modeling putty and loose parts?!?! It is so boring to see figs that you have already seen before.

Laurie
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
KitMaker: 720 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 07:41 AM UTC
Yes is bad see the same of your figures in others dioramas.
I think the best way is buy different type of the same model and make a lot of "frankestein" putting and changing head legs arms ...

This is my website about military scales model and dioramas
http://www.tankfive.net
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 595 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 09:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hi,
I'm doing a new dio about the landing on Omaha beach. I want to know how I can make my own figs, do I have to buy figs and change them with other parts or do I had to make them by my self with modeling putty and loose parts?!?! It is so boring to see figs that you have already seen before.

Laurie

Hi Laurie, Here is the link to a sculpting article by "modeler / figure sculpter " Luc Klinkers.
I really was totally impressed with Luc's figure sculpting talent, and his thoroughly explained "step by step " instruction's with photo's. ( THIS DUDE IS GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES ! ) I think you will also like this article since you have interest to attempt sculpting your own figures. I myself am very intimidated by the whole process, but I wish you good luck & success with it. Click onto this link: http://home.planet.nl/~klink244/mcr.htm

- ralph
laurie
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 217 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:32 PM UTC
Hi, screamingeagle
Thanks for the site, It's great, good explanation and nice pics, thanks alot again

Laurie
FLASH
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 12:00 AM UTC
I too played with the idea of creating my own figures, but at this point in time I don't have the confidence in my abilities to carry it through (perhaps a little further down the track). I do a fair bit of searching around looking for a particular figure to incorporate into a scene. For example I found some really old Tamiya stock in a local store. Though the kit had four figures in it, I was only interested in one of them. The cost of the kit was minimal and I got the figure I was after. These figures were all pretty basic in comparison to the Tamiya standards of today, but after taking to it with my trusted hobby tools and then adding some more detailed accessories I achieved a really good effect. What was once a fairly ordinary figure now appears to be one of your more up market pieces.
While this does not fully address your desire to sculpt your own you can derive variations on your figures a alleviate some of your concerns with concept of seeing the same figures appearing all over in dioramas.
 _GOTOTOP