_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Sherman
smith_rc3
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 66 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 12:49 PM UTC
Can anyone suggest how to obtain the markings for a 1/35 Sherman ii with the name ANNE

There is a picture of it here
http://articulos2gm.blogspot.com/2009/01/laminas-del-tanque-sherman.html

and I would like to make it.

Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
John Benfield

russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 01:49 PM UTC
[imghttp://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr68/Alex_Taylor/tank1.jpg[/img]

Sherman II DV with M3 suspension in North Africa. The Tasca kit has the basic details you need but for the specific lettering you could try a generic lettering set. I couldn't find anything searching the web. Al Bowie or Alan McNeely might know right off hand. I was certain I had seen this done somewhere before.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 10:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can anyone suggest how to obtain the markings for a 1/35 Sherman ii with the name ANNE

There is a picture of it here
http://articulos2gm.blogspot.com/2009/01/laminas-del-tanque-sherman.html

and I would like to make it.

Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
John Benfield

The picture like the rest shown are the colour plates from the old Osprey Vanguard 15 "British Sherman In Action". This title has many identification errors including the colour plates but from memory "Anne" is a B Sqn Staffs Yeomanry Vehicle and I cannot remember ever seeing a photograph that this was based on although John Sandars the Author relates that this whilst marked as B sqn was being used by A Sqn when the Photo was taken during the Alamein Battles where the Regt was almost wiped out (according to Sandars)
Check the Bison Decals Sheets website: http://www.angelfire.com/pro/bison/35061.html. This set does not have that individual vehicle but you could cobble together markings from it You will need the 8th AB formation sign and the White 67 on Red AoS. The T Number and name will have to be done from a stencil, letraset or mix and match decals. The DML M4A1 has everything but the name and the Aos. The Tasca kit has neither the SQN Sign, name nor Aos or Formation sign although that would be my choice of kits as IMHO it is the superior kit and has a great turret mounted fifty - despite the DML propaganda they did carry them.
You'd be happy with either kit though as they are both good, neither is 100% perfect but I am yet to see any kit that is
Drop me a line if you want any help with it.

CHeers
Al
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 11:14 PM UTC
Armo do a set for this tank.

IIRC there's a plate for this in one of Dennis Oliver's books on desert Shermans, I don't have the book to hand though.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 09:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Armo do a set for this tank.

IIRC there's a plate for this in one of Dennis Oliver's books on desert Shermans, I don't have the book to hand though.

It's not in New Breed but possibly is in Codename Swallow. I can't remember ever discussing this one with Dennis when he was doing his Sherman Titles but my memory isn't what it should be
Al
smith_rc3
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 11:20 AM UTC
Yes that's the conclusion I had come to, I wondered though if someone else had found some marking, they exist in 1/72 a company called Armo produce them, but alias not in 1/35.

Many thanks for you input though
smith_rc3
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 11:22 AM UTC
Hi thanks for such a full update I appricate it and yes I think the same that it will have to be created from other sets.

Many Thanks.
smith_rc3
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 11:29 AM UTC
Hi Pat

I just emailed a guy who imports Armo decals and hopefully he will be able to supply them tome, which would be great.

Thanks very much for the update.

I need a 1/35 Boys anti rifle, any ideas other than one of the Tamyia Chevolets?

Regards Bob.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 11:51 AM UTC
Italeri Accessories set (be careful they did two different sets) has apair of Boyes plus Brens, SMLE III,s Garands, M1 Carbine, M1 thompsons, Stens, Various stowage etc including Brit Oil Cans. A very useful set and one I purchase every time I see it.
BTW their is a RHS plate of "Anne" in Codename Swallow, my memory wasn't as good as I thought
Al
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 06:19 PM UTC
I couldn't edit my post but here is the set to look for; it isn't in the current catalogue but should be available as it was in recent ones:

Cheers
Al
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010 - 01:09 AM UTC
I know from other users here that Jadar models service to the USA is very good and for decals should be quite cheap.
 _GOTOTOP