_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
MAFVA forum is moving
Kulik
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 131 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 10:52 PM UTC
I would like to thank Jim & his staff for allowing us to be on Armorama!!!! We are now going to pastures new and you will be able to find us at http://www.afv-news.com/afvforum/mafva-headquarters/ . There is also more to look at than the forum so please explore the site.
Please be aware though you will have to reregister to use the forum.

Thanks
Chris
Jimmie
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 09:45 AM UTC
Evening Chris,

Please explain the reasons the reasons for the move, also the title change. What advantages or improvements do we gain from the move?

It is not MAFVA HQ, that still resides at Holmes Chapel. To save confusion, please revert to the original title of MAFVA Forum.

It might have been wiser to let the Association Officers know about the move in advance, instead of presenting us with a fait accompli. In particular, Bill needs to know the address to change the link on the website and numerous documents now need changing.

Can you tell us if the new host has any connection to George Bradfords AFV News site? Does that one still exist?

With this new site do we still need the silly titles, that is something I would prefer to not see, rather just a persons real name.

I look forward to a swift answer.

Paul M.
Sunray
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 10:43 AM UTC
Hi Chris,

Well, Paul has said it all, I guess?

Is there anyway that someone else could pick up the reins on the existing forum from you? This is really useful as a real time notice board for us. i.e. When a new Tankette is issued or info on shows we are going to attend and feedback from these. We could still link to the new one for the modelling input and feedback.

Will things like this be as relevant to the new mainly US readership except when the AMPS Expeditionary Force set out across the Pond?

Is George Bradford still involved and has AFV News magazine finished?

Note: MAFVA HQ is already HERE and the place to send subs and recruit new members and order Tankette back issues. How are you going to fit in with this when we do not even have a link on the new website?

As you are using the MAFVA Brand and Logo, it would have been courteous to discuss it with us first.

BTW, I don’t have a current email address for you

Over to you Chris………..

Gary Williams At the MAFVA HQ

Membership Secretary
Back Issues

Kulik
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 131 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 08:02 PM UTC
Paul & Gary
My brain must not have be working right as I thought that as I was the one who started this forum I thought that I would not need permission from anyone to move the forum!!! Looks like I was wrong apologies on that one :-(
I was offered forum space by the owner of the web site a few weeks back and I did not jump straight in with both feet. I thought it was time for a change that was all and I queried it with the owner of Armorama and he does not have issues with us leaving as I had checked with him. Title will be changed and it was only a idea and was work in progress. Regarding the silly names nothing was said about that on here i.e Paul Middleton = Jimmy & Gary Williams = Sunray so really nothing has changed
This is not George Bradfords site that is still going and this one is no relation.
Hope that answers everything and I wish to apologise again for my error

Chris
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 08:24 PM UTC
I just wanted to confirm that Chris did contact me and no I don't have an issue with this forum moving somewhere else. I would give this considerable thought though as Armorama is obviously a high traffic site with much of our userbase in the UK (the second highest with 40K+ visits per month). This may be of benefit to your organization in finding new members (even if only a few a year). Also we have been online since 2001 so we have an established track record.

If the lure of more to look at, etc. is something you are considering, perhaps you might want to really take the plunge and get a full club site. A site like the SCAHMS site for example can support a forum, news, features, and reviews. If you have any interest in that just let me know.

Cheers,
Jim

_GOTOTOP