_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter Tracks
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Armorama: 712 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 06:57 AM UTC
I was in my local hobby emporium the other day and noticed that Trumpeter have released a load of new workable tracks for 1/35 AFVs. I then went and looked on their site and it would appear that they have either taken over Model Kasten, or have bought their moulds off them. Can anyone shed light on this?

Regards
Warren
TonyDz
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 07:34 AM UTC
No, they didn't take over Modle Kasten. They are the old Armor Track Models tracks. I don't know about all the other sets, but it seems they reworked their T55 tracks to get the closer to scale than they use to be.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 11:01 AM UTC
As Tony says they are the old Armour Track Models sets which were quite expensive when first released (about $50 Aust) here. Unlike the original they no longer offer the resin Drive Sprockets in the kits which makes fitting them to some donor kits a problem. I bought the Chaffee T72 E1 tracks and was LESS than impressed with 90% of the pins bending or breaking whilst trying to apply them. I consider them a waste of money but some ofthe other types may be OK. The Bronco ones are a lot nicer (and cheaper here).
Al
 _GOTOTOP