Hosted by Darren Baker
The Rover 7 ambulance
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 03:44 AM UTC
I looked up all I could on Land Rovers and got a bunch of information. But I haven't been able to find out exactly when the Rover 7 ambulance came out. Anybody know precisely when? Thanks.
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 02:49 PM UTC
The rover came out in 1961. have a look at:

http://www.eamodels.co.uk/tamiya-british-ambulance-rover-7-kit-135-scale-3264-p.asp

It is the series 2A the kit is based on.
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 05:45 PM UTC
Thanks. One thing that gets me is that once Tamiya had the tooling, they didn't just go ahead and make more versions of the Land Rover while they were at it.
RKinsella
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 603 posts
Armorama: 575 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 09:18 PM UTC
..they did, The SAS Pink Panter was one version, I think this one Was the original Landy mold, this then led later to the development of the ambulance version.
Italeri shared the same mold producing they're own SAS version (with different tyres), around the same time they produced a basic civi soft top version with optional front bumpers for a military variant (no markings).
Later revell did the same & produced another basic soft top using (it appears) the same mold but marketing it as military variant, mostly British including gulf war markings, how accurate it was is another debate
 _GOTOTOP