Academy Dragon Wagon + Dragon Panther G
pasdj002
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 - 02:11 AM UTC
Hey Guys

Thought i would add this one, get some feedback.

Ive been working on these two kits for a while now...when not working on the other 100 kits i have going at the same time (seriously )

Dragon Wagon is the 1/72 Academy offering.
Overall a nice build, i have sinced switched over to 1/35/1/48 kits only. The 1/72 kits just started getting too pricey.

Mostly OOTB build, apart from some scratch details. Wiring, handles, bits and pieces. Still not finished!!. i still have to add some grab handles, tool brackets,wiring to the trailer and spotlights!

The Panther is the Dragon offering with zimmiret pre-molded. Its a good kit, with nice detail. The ball mount MG and the front Hull plate join did have a rather large gap.

The final result will hopefully be a bastogne diorama, with the Dragon Wagon sprayed Green Olive with a White wash.

The Panther im not sure which colours yet, need to consult ref and check what they applied in Bastogne. White wash over standard yellow/redbrown/green?

Hope you enjoy it.

Will update this one up slowly as the build progresses!.

[:::] Cheers Damian
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 - 07:01 AM UTC
Looks good so far. I'm impressed with the details for 1/72 scale. Might have to get that Academy kit, it certainly uses less room than the Tamiya 1/35... That gives me an idea, how about a 1/48 scale Dragon Wagon?

Looking forward to the next installment, keep us posted!
Cheers
Stefan
pasdj002
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 - 12:59 AM UTC
1/48 would be a beauty. The Academy kit is good, some details are rather thick. I thinned pieces were i could, for example the crane is mostly scratch build, the mesh on the exhuast is from the dragon T-34 rear mesh screen, but other than that its the kit.

Im actually rather annoyed at the primer, i think it was a particularly dry day, looks rather rough in the photos.

Cheers Damian

_GOTOTOP