Hosted by Darren Baker
Matchbox Campaign FYI
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 09:34 AM UTC
Greetings all! Since a number of Enlistees to the campaign frequent this forum I though that I'd mention that the campaign is now in the home stretch. There are only 28 days remaining in the campaign. Ten people have yet to choose a subject kit, seven people have completed their builds and twenty-five are supposedly currently building.

I don't want to put pressure on anyone but we've seen in the campaign thread that some of these builds haven't gone as smoothly as one might have expected. Let's try for the first campaign where we have a 100% completion rate. We know that you can do it!

...stepping down from soapbox,

Cheers,
tread_geek
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 09:15 AM UTC
Just an update on the Matchbox Nostalgia Campaign.

Due to a number of reasons, not the least of which these kits are a bit more involved to build than most of us realized, the end date for the campaign has been extended. After receiving quite a bit of input from those participating and careful deliberation it has been decided to extend the campaign for one month.

As it now stands we have 12 people that have completed their builds, 21 people currently building and still 9 who have not yet chosen a kit.

The original closing date was to be May 15/10.

The new extended closing date will now be June 15, 2010.

Please note that this decision was made due to difficulties experienced by those actually involved in a current build. Also, starting on the original closing date I will begin awarding ribbons/awards as soon as completed builds are posted in the campaign gallery.

Thanks,
Jan

Here's the standings to date:

_GOTOTOP