_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-62A TANK,help please?
junkman
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 09:24 AM UTC
im getting ready to start a tank its a RUSSIAN T-62A TANK can someone guid me in the right direction for some reference or just tell me what the colors are for it. thank you
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 09:34 AM UTC
Standard Russian dark green, but even that is not 'standard' in that the batches varied a great deal.
There are some middle east and afghanistan era cammo patters, but in general the overall dark green is the standard.

Concord does a T62 book, and there are quite a few in musuems around, one at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in the states.
There's also an old old old T62 book from MB, but it's long out of print.
There are several russian titles out there too, but since I cant read Russian, I have not idea of the publishers or even th title

I think Tamiya has a T62 volume as well.

I've got some modeler's detail pics, drop me a line with what you're looking for and I'll see what I've got.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 02, 2003 - 12:54 PM UTC
Ok, AMS coming at you...sorry.

The T-62 builds up ok for a first build, nothing horribly wrong for a fun night...but (oh, you knew it was coming didn't you)

the real thorn in my side was the turret. When I built mine OOB, it did not build too well, the MG I thought stank (and this was WEEEELLLLL before AMS days), and the turret looked funny to me. Now I know that the turret really stinks. I can live with the problems of the chassis, but if you have only 1 thing to change, get a decent turret. AEF Designs, CMD, adn SP Designs make replacement turrets. Stay away from the Verlinden turret in their "update", it is rather poor, especially for the money.
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 545 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 03, 2003 - 07:32 AM UTC
Hey Junkman (or your real name or nickname inserted here....).

When you are at the begining of the "Armor Talk" select the group" "Soviet/Russian Armor". Once you do that, you will see several posts for the T-62 especially for some detailed AMS issues T-62 info . Other than that, I agree with Major MLD, OOTB the kit is not that bad.

HTH, and if you need any other questions, just ask...
Dave
 _GOTOTOP