Marder III Ausf. M - Tamiya 1/48
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 09:42 PM UTC
Hi all

I had so much fun with my Komatsu that I started the next armour project right away (last Saturday)

Airbrushed Lifecolor Sandgelb and a first wash in GW Devlan Mud just for some structure.

Sure this is not up to the standard of most of the Armorama residents, but I hope you can bear with me. Here are some more in progress shots. It is gloss coated now and ready for the decals and further washes. The hand painted blotches look horrible at the moment but this will be better once it got the full treatment...

the lower hull already gut some "Europe Dust" (MIG prod) as the area behind the road wheels is hard to reach after these are on...

Next is Weathering, now it already looks a bit better. I just started work on the exhaust and the running gear also needs a lot more work - just as if they drove through mud hole in summer...

Now I call it finished and here are the pictures of the model I just added a heat shield to the exhaust muffler and an antenna the rest is plain box stock.

all the best

Steffen
pasdj002
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 11:55 PM UTC
First coat was really nice, overall a good piece of modelling. Weathering is nice. Nice Work!!!

However....

What paints did you use for the camo?....acrylics i assume?

Go easy on them....4-5 very thin layers...rather than one very thick layer.

Also look into Vallejo's range of acrylic colours...PERFECT for painting hard-edge camo, and all the other small details.

Cheers Damian

alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 12:11 AM UTC
Thank you Damian!!

I know that the pix of the painted on camo look very bad! That the green is glossy (Xtraclylix) vs. the dead flat sand and brown (Lifecolor) make it look even worse. But I knew I could kill this effect with the following layers .. and IMHO I did.

There are still a few points that I am not happy with but i do not want to bore you.

All in all I am happy with the model, but I know I am not up to most armour modelers here ... but I do most armour models for fun

cheers

Steffen
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 12:53 AM UTC
Good work Steffen,I'm used to seeing your aircraft.I guess you needed a break, The 1/48 stuff is really fun to work with,and they build up to good looking models.Looking foward to your next armor piece,and your Raptor
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 01:58 AM UTC
Many thanks Anthony!!

Well the next armour will have to wait a while (except of a Hummer for the campaign .. I have already started that one) next is to finish the Su-7BMK and maybe the FC-17 .. and then there are a bunch of started projects ... and some new ones that deserve it

all the best

Steffen
flipper21
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 268 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 02:12 AM UTC
Very nice Steffen. I really like the camo and subtle weathering.....Vince
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 05:27 AM UTC
Thank you Vince! Much appreciated!

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 07:13 AM UTC
Today I paid a visit to Marc Toillie who has some nice diorama settings (this one was built with some of his products by his son) As I took my latest finished model with me I could get a few new pix:

all the best

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP