1/72nd D-37 soviet self propelled car
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 12:26 AM UTC
Hi

I actually posted this a couple of weeks ago, but it didn't make it into the Braille Scale forum, I must have made an error when I created the topic.

I couldn't then edit the post to put it in Braille Scale forum. I added a reply asking it be moved to this forum by an admin, but it didn't happen

There are so many forums and posts on this site that one eyed Braille Scale enthusiasts (like me) would not have found it. I only visit the Braille Scale forum, and I guess I'm not alone.

Anyway forgive me if you saw this a couple of weeks ago.

This is the UMmt 1/72nd scale kit of this railcar. It was armed with a 76mm cannon, and built in the early 1930s, but was used for trials only and did not see combat service.

I didn't do any 'in progress posts' because this was a fairly quick and straightforward build. It has a number of small brass etch pieces which are a bit fiddly to position correctly. The painting took the longest. I have a few in progress photos on my hard drive if anyone wants to see them.Its all "out of the box" except for the side doorhandles and the rivets around the side doors and around the side machine gun ports, which were home made.

The model is meant to look a bit worn, but not ready for the scrapyard yet.

anyway here are some pictures

I'm currently building its 'sister' car the D-45 which has a different turret, clothesline antenna and has some other small differences to this one. I may do a WIP for it, or maybe just post some pictures when its completed. It will require a lot more work than this one to get it looking anywhere near right

cheers
Neil

Capt_Concussion
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 11:23 AM UTC
Unusual subject, nicely done

I agree with you that the forum format does not always help.

For example, I build Allied WW2 in 1/72. Should I post in the Braille Scale, British Armor, or Allied - WW11 forums?
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 12:00 PM UTC
Hi Capt

thanks,

in my case with this one I simply accidentally didnt give it a category I always wanted it to be in Braille Scale, and when I came back it was too late to edit or delete it

and yes there are so many forums and posts that there is no way I can look at them all, I dont have enough spare hours. I think I'm probably not alone in not being able to check all the forums that might contain stuff I'm interested in. For example the Diorama forum is full of great stuff, but I rarely or never have time to check it.

As I only model Braille Scale armour, and thats the only forum I have time to regularly check and read, I have decided I want all my models there, even though this model may have been of more interest to readers of the Soviet armour forum (for example)

As you say, a model can fit many categories, as you too have found, with british WW2 armour.. it would be a solution if you could make it appear under more than one category, but I guess for people who read more than one forum they would see it more than once..

_GOTOTOP