_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
NEWS
Let's Build a Diorama: Volume 2
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espańa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 10:21 PM UTC
Volume 2 of 'Let''s Build a Diorama' by László Adóba and László Harsányi is under preparation. László Harsányi (HALACI), one of the co-authors of the book, very kindly sent us advance details and images of the second volume which can be seen:.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 10:49 PM UTC
Great news! I can't wait to get this book in my hands as I love volume 1. I hope vol. 2 will be available directly from publisher as was vol. 1 at the begining (now over 10 pcs can be purchased from them)
Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 223 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 04:34 AM UTC
Hi Marcin,

it must be some mistake, the book can be bought from us without any limitation. That 10 pcs limit valid only if you would buy it as a reseller, but in this case you can get a discount as well of course.
jafo
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 02:31 PM UTC
looking forward to this. However I really hope they get a good translator for English. The last volume was really hard to read/understand.
Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 09:27 PM UTC
You can be sure of that. Even here on Armorama we got several very kind offer to help us with the final proofreading to make the next one better.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espańa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 09:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The last volume was really hard to read/understand.

Sorry, but no. it wann't THAT bad, after all, it's a technical publication and, as such doesn't need the deft touch that a novel would need. It was perfectly understandable in my opinion.

As I said in my Review, MY Hungarian is non-existent. God knows how i'd sound in a similar situation! The authors did a really good job...

And finally, if the truth were to be told, frankly, bearing in mind this is an international Site, some of the 'Native' English-speakers should hang their heads in shame compared to many of the NON Native-Speakers. The latter frequently demonstrate a dominion of the language and correct use of grammar which makes those of us whose first language is (supposedly) English hang our heads in shame.
jafo
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 09:44 AM UTC
Sorry, but YES. Every one has opinions and I was stateing mine. You dont have to jump on my back with a whipping stick and fend for the authors/publishers. I said I was looking forward to it. Maybe you might reread the 1st one from a beginners point of view. While it was not "that bad" as you pointed out, we beginners could greatly benifit from CLEAR wording and grammer so that we might learn instead of being frustrated. I am NOT critizing your review in the least and got many ideas from the last volume.
Thanks for your review it was insightfull,
NO THANKS for your "English" lesson.
Can we move on now?
Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 - 04:57 AM UTC
Some new image, this time from the Winter chapter.

jafo
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 - 05:21 PM UTC
very nice!
Polaris
Visit this Community
Somogy, Hungary
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 03:47 AM UTC
Kiványcsi leszek milyen lesz a Második rész
Amugy ez is 2800 Ft-ba (fog) kerül(ni) ?
Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 06:47 AM UTC
Meglátjuk. A terjedelem biztosan nagyobb lesz és a forintárfolyamot sem tudja ma senki megjósolni (a papír, a festék, de még a nyomólemez is import).
Rattler
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 512 posts
Armorama: 277 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 05:44 PM UTC
Sooo Laszlo, when can we expect to be able to grab up this lil gem ?? Loved the first book... really looking forward to what you do in this book.

V/R
Chris
Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 11:30 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

it is scheduled for November and now it seems we can keep the deadline. And again, a lot of help had been offered for the English translation and proofreading so I'm sure that this time it will be very good too.
Rattler
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 512 posts
Armorama: 277 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 08:49 AM UTC
sweet.. bummer though bout having to wait LOL but it's all good... as for the translations... I didn't have any issues.. but that's just Me personaly.... Glad to hear that the book is moving forward and on schedual for what you were looking at. Any plans of a 3rd or 4th book..Chuckles.. ?? but seriously any thoughts to more books ??
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 11:13 AM UTC
Frigging fantastic must get both of them.

So who sells in the states?

Cheers

Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 07:53 PM UTC
Jeff

unfortunately, not yet. I would be the happiest if should we have, because I know that the individual postage cost is high and nobody like to pay almost as much for shipping as the price itself. But we had an inquiry from a well established company not long ago, so I hope the best.
Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 08:00 PM UTC
Chris

yes, we are planning other books but I wouldn't like to talk about them yet - I don't want to give ideas to others .
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 11:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeff

unfortunately, not yet. I would be the happiest if should we have, because I know that the individual postage cost is high and nobody like to pay almost as much for shipping as the price itself. But we had an inquiry from a well established company not long ago, so I hope the best.

Sending you a Pm on who might carry them here.

Not squadron as they take over but one guy I deal with actually two companies might want to carry them.
Cheers
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 452 posts
Armorama: 271 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 04:48 AM UTC
Just checking in to see if Volume 2 is still expected to be released next month. I'm really looking forward this one!
 _GOTOTOP