_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-55 sprockets and tracks
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 90 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 04:32 AM UTC
Morning Everyone. I need assistants with getting descent running gear for two kits. Any link/ leads would be great! Thanx, Michael
juge75
Visit this Community
Jasz-Nagkyun-Szolnok, Hungary
KitMaker: 843 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 04:56 AM UTC
I recommend to pay attention to the Polish company "Armo" resin products.
Complete T-54-55 chassis, tracks, running wheels, drive sprockets, wheels, chain tensioner.
http://www.jadarhobby.pl/armo-35541-wheels-tracks-p-4120.html
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 02:58 PM UTC
I have this set and its intended "victim" is the SKIF kit (which is good because its wheels and track is Horrid). Its okay, but not much better than the Tamiya stuff. T-55s have a large wheel bearing at the first station and every manufaturer (Save Trumpeter's T-62 first and last station wheels) a larger hub and cap.
Are you looking for track AND wheels? If youre looking for track then I would suggest ModelKasten or Masterclub, theyre affordable and accurate.

Chris
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 - 01:20 PM UTC
Thanx Chris. I'm having some trouble in getting the Modelkasten stuff . But I what to toss this out. Both kits are Trumpeters. I feel good (do-able) about the "surgery" needed and will use info I got off/from "Missing Lynx" (Cookie Sewell). One kit is Trumpeter's Ti-67 (Tiran 4/5). Does/Did trumpeter offer a workable link track/sprocket/idler set I can fudge the bigger front beading hub. I really what an individual link set I can drill and pin W/O going to the heavier Fruil set
chefchris
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 - 12:03 AM UTC
Theres also the modelfixer indi track which is CHEAP ( if you can find it) its pretty nice, but since youre dealing with the Trumpeter kit it wont fit the sprocket w/o mods. Armor Track Models released a set a few years back for the kit, but it wasn't all that great. Trumpeter is going to release some new sets (which I beleive are the correct size like the MK set, but I'm not sure if they are out yet). Hell, I might have some of the Tamiya banded sets if you want them...... I'd have to check

Chris
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 11:28 AM UTC
Hey Chris. The offer is great! I'll give it a think, provided you still what to part with them. We just gotta figure out how much you want + cover your shipping cost
chefchris
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 12:00 AM UTC
I'll have to go to my storage facility to check and see if theyre ok (and still there) I'll let you know later today.
IDFPaul
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 11:18 AM UTC
I can't say about sprockets but the WWII Productions resin tracks are the nicest I've ever used. Virtually no clean up and the almost fall together.
 _GOTOTOP