_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
All Change at Trucks 'n' Tracks
Sunray
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 10:11 AM UTC
Greetings All,

You may be interested to hear the news of changes from Trevor Claringbold. Paul M has advised me that the MAFVA Zone will continue. For Trevor's message, read on.

See you there?
Kind regards,

Gary Williams
MAFVA President

Membership Secretary
Back Issues
------------------------------------------------------

TRUCKS ‘N’ TRACKS

THE INTERNATIONAL VEHICLE MODELLING SHOW
2 Fremantle Road, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 3PY, U.K.

Tel/Fax - 01303 850801 E-Mail – [email protected]

Hi All,

Change of Ownership for Trucks ‘n’ Tracks

After seventeen years as the Show Organiser of Trucks ‘n’ Tracks I have decided the time is right to step aside.

As some of you will know I have been considering this move for a while, but I was determined to find new owners who firmly believe in the future of model shows, and particularly in the unique ethos of Trucks ‘n’ Tracks. So I’m pleased to announce that MyHobbyStore Ltd have now purchased the event, and I’m convinced they fit this criteria admirably.

I know many of you will be familiar with MyHobbyStore, through their ownership of Military Modelling magazine and Euro Militaire, as well as a range of other successful events. I also know, as do they, that many of you will instantly be concerned about sudden huge price rises at Trucks ‘n’ Tracks, to bring them in line with Euro-Militaire. Don’t worry, there are no plans to do that. Of course stand costs, and pricing generally, will be a matter for the new owners, and any of you who have had informal arrangements and agreements with myself about your stands will also need to request their continuance.

The most important thing, however, is that MyHobbyStore are genuinely excited about taking on the event, and have already begun working on plans to grow and enhance it. They will build on the solid foundations we have already laid in recent years, and will make full use of their additional marketing and promotional power to increase attendance. That can only benefit all concerned, and will be especially good news for traders at the show.

Trucks ‘n’ Tracks, like the military modelling hobby as a whole, has changed dramatically since I first began the show in 1994. We’ve always tried to be innovative, and have enjoyed taking the lead with new ideas. Most worked, a few didn’t, but we’ve always maintained the reputation of being one of the best organised, and friendliest shows of the year. Over that time both myself, and my team, have come to regard most of you as friends.

I’ve enjoyed running Trucks ‘n’ Tracks, both in good times and the more challenging ones. Those of you who have been with us for a number of years will know I’ve always tried to maintain a sense of humour, and keep a smile on my face, but even I have to admit to a twinge of sadness in stepping down. I’ll still see you all, of course, and at least now, after 17 years, I may actually have the time to have a proper look around the show! I’d like to thank you all for your friendship, and especially your support of Trucks ‘n’ Tracks. I hope I can rely on you all to offer the same level of support, co-operation, and enthusiasm, for the new organising team.

MyHobbyStore will be in touch with you soon about the 2011 event, and for your records, the new contact details will be:

Show Organiser: Claire Hiscock, MyHobbyStore Ltd

Phone: 01689 869886

E-Mail: [email protected]

But for now, from me, happy modelling!

Trevor Claringbold

(Former!) Show Organiser

p.s. For those who want to stay in touch, please add my main contact email - [email protected]

...and I'll still be running the model Marquee, and the radio station, at the War and Peace Show!

War and Peace Show 2010

21st - 25th July

The Hop Farm, Paddock Wood, Kent

www.thewarandpeaceshow.com
================================

Trucks 'n' Tracks 2011

26th - 27th February

Leas Cliff Hall, Folkestone

www.trucksntracks.com

_GOTOTOP