_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Campaign idea - 1 week build
RedwingNev
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Friday, May 14, 2010 - 06:05 AM UTC
This is a build we've been running on the What If forums for the past 5 years. Its a really simple idea - you have 1 week to build a model. And its not as hard as it sounds! You just have to pick your subject wisely - clearly a DML uber-kit with PE and individual track links is a bad idea, but a 1/35 tank can easily be finished in a week as my finished Panzer II from last year shows

This is a great way to blow away the modelling doldrums, or a great cure for AMS. Most of all its fun, and it is far and away our most popular Group Build on the What If forums.

To give you an idea of what can be done in a week, check out last years finished builds thread http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,25177.0.html

1) Any subject, any scale - as long as it fits under the Armorama umbrella

2) You may build as many entries as you like (good luck!)

3) "Preparation" work is allowed prior to the start of the campaign - this includes the cutting out and cleaning up of parts, even printing your own decals (!), but anything involving paint or glue is not allowed. Likewise, part started models are not allowed - we are relying on the honour of our membership to uphold this.

4) The posting of in-progress pictures, including a "start" picture is encouraged as always.

5) 1 Week is actually slightly disingenuous, its actually 9 days, Saturday till the following Sunday so folks get 2 weekends in.

I haven't got a timeframe in mind, but we always go for a (northern hemisphere) summer to help people with spraying outside and pics.

Who's interested?
cdharwins
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 491 posts
Armorama: 462 posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 - 06:47 AM UTC
Sounds like fun, Neil. I'm in.

Chris
RedwingNev
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 - 10:11 PM UTC
Its great fun Chris, but it seems like no-one here is particularly interested so I guess this one is a no-go
Philippus
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 182 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 - 09:49 PM UTC
Hi Neil,

I'd be in for this too!

Thanks,
Philip.
 _GOTOTOP