Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon M4A3E8
redraider
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 311 posts
Armorama: 305 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 05:31 AM UTC
Been working on M4A3E8 by Dragon. I have finished constuction and started to paint it. Have a look at and tell me what you guys think.

Terry

PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - 08:03 AM UTC
Hello Terry thanks for sharing your work.

I really like the upper part, shading and highlighting is very nice. I see you used pure white to highlight edges, you could also use very light green. it will give you less contrast but that's a matter of personal taste.

I am not familiar with allied tanks but is this a second row of road wheels I see in the first pic that need to be painted?

I would tone down the tracks by adding some earthen washes the rust effect really stands out too much in my opinion.

I'll be watching your paintwork, good job so far keep it up.

Regards, Alexander
redraider
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 03:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello Terry thanks for sharing your work.

I really like the upper part, shading and highlighting is very nice. I see you used pure white to highlight edges, you could also use very light green. it will give you less contrast but that's a matter of personal taste.

I am not familiar with allied tanks but is this a second row of road wheels I see in the first pic that need to be painted?

I would tone down the tracks by adding some earthen washes the rust effect really stands out too much in my opinion.

I'll be watching your paintwork, good job so far keep it up.

Regards, Alexander

Thanks Alexander! Painting has just started.

Terry
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 05:55 AM UTC
Overall I like it. I like the variety of colors on such a small model. I will agree on the rust being over the top right now. One thing that is a little obviously over-scale is the barrel changing handle on the .50 cal. It's just way too thick for this scale. Being that those handles weren't universal, *I* would be prone to just cutting it off.

So not something that's your fault... but a suggestion none the less.
redraider
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 08:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Overall I like it. I like the variety of colors on such a small model. I will agree on the rust being over the top right now. One thing that is a little obviously over-scale is the barrel changing handle on the .50 cal. It's just way too thick for this scale. Being that those handles weren't universal, *I* would be prone to just cutting it off.

So not something that's your fault... but a suggestion none the less.

Good idea about the handle!

Terry
 _GOTOTOP