_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
MIGs T-55 fuel plumbing set
USAFSPOOK
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 03:35 AM UTC
Has anyone used the Russian Fuel Tank Plumbing set from MIG productions (35-350)? I have held off building my Tamiya T-55 until I could find a good illustration of this system and thought my prayers had been answered when this set came out. After waiting for a restock-somebody out there has them!-it looks like using it will be more trouble than building the rest of the model. The wire supplied looks too big for the couplers(?), and do they really expect one to drill through those tiny pieces to feed the wire through?? I have never attempted to drill anything that small-has anyone accomplished this successfully? What diameter bit was used? Pictures used to illustrate their installation could have been larger,too, to show location and placement a bit clearer. If nothing else, I got some decent wire to substitute for my Accurate Armour Land Rover's springs! Any advice on what to do would be appreciated.
iangarnett
KitMaker: 115 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 10:01 AM UTC
I have used them on a Type 69 that I built last christmas and found them quite simple. Drilling them out was actually quite easy and the finished result was good. There are good schematics on many of the forums (including armorama) that were essential to get the layout correct. If I was doing this again I would use brass rod for some bits and the wire provided for others.

Sorry, can't remember the drill bit size....

I hope this assists. I would say go for it if you, like me, are a wee bit lazy and don't want to scratch build the couplers!!
BillGorm
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 609 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 - 02:41 AM UTC
Doug - I was thinking of getting this set, but went with a simpler solution. I went to Home Depot and got 12 inches of small gauge copper wire sheathed in rubber. Cut the sheathing and strip it off to get a length of wire. Bend the wire to the shape of the fuel line, then slip on a small piece of sheathing as the plumbing attachment. Since it came with the wire, you know it will fit perfectly! Not as detailed as the MIG Productions set, but more satisfying personally. Also, I have a good diagram of the plumbing if you want it. Let me know and I'll provide it once I get home this evening.
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 - 03:34 AM UTC
I've used them on my Trump 62. You get enough for two kits....easy to drill and looked nice when done.
londonchris1970
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Friday, May 21, 2010 - 11:36 AM UTC
Hi Bill,

If you do not mind, I would also be interested in this diagram as I plan to soon build my T-55 :-)

My email is: [email protected]

Thank you very much
atpsswe
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 10:42 AM UTC
Hi Bill.
I would love to get a copy of the plumbing diagram.

Cheers.

Martin
[email protected]
BillGorm
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 609 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 10:55 AM UTC
Martin - Sent you an email.
USAFSPOOK
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 04:37 PM UTC
Bill--sorry late in replying; yes, I would greatly appreciate a copy of the fuel plumbing diagram for the T-55. My e-mail: [email protected] Thanks to the others with input and alternative ideas; hope others will continue to comment-I appreciate the help!
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 366 posts
Armorama: 199 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 10:54 PM UTC
Gday mates , Ciro ( Wakemeup ) built an Afghan T55 in a build blog starting in I think Sept 2008 which has great photos of the fuel tank plumbing he did . Skroll back thru the Russian forums and you will find it . Course if I was tech savy I'd put a link in here but I aint
I hope that you find this helpful .
stufer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 06:56 AM UTC
I wouldn't say i was that great with the interweb but i think this is the link...
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/129844#1075090

now magnifyin glasses out and begin!
USAFSPOOK
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 09:26 AM UTC
Bill-could you please send me the plans again? I deleted your message by mistake while cleaning out my e-mails; sorry, but I'm new to this new-fangled cyber stuff! Thanks for your patience. By the way, from the requests you have been getting, it seems like quite a few others are in need of this info; very kind of you to help us all out!
ArmorBuilder
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 04:38 PM UTC
www.ruedasycadenas.com.ve/articulos_fotos_detalles/art_det_tuberias_T-55/art_det_tuberias_T-55.htm
 _GOTOTOP