GAZ-67B - Tamiya 1/48
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 12:27 AM UTC
Hi all

while shying away from some larger projects at the moment I still want to build some stuff. So I took this from the shelf. It got there because I lost motivation to put on all the small (tiny ... microscopic .... you get the picture) Hauler PE parts.

I converted the model to a wartime example with round rod grille instead of the later pressed type ... that was quite a feat, but luckily I had already done it when I first started the kit. Steel wire and not all are straight, but lets just assume the driver had a small accident .

Now I put on the PE over the last days and bit by bit I got it done. The dash board is painted and stored away and you can see the kit alsso was already partially airbrushed...

The wheels are not glued yet but just stuck on

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 03:25 AM UTC
I airbrushed it XF-5 with some Klear added and I also started with detail painting. Tyres are Panzercolor dark rubber, the rest is from Citadel range ... this is WIP ...

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 06:55 PM UTC
Hi again

I have added a few more parts and I have applied some washes in black and green. The harsh contrasts in some areas will be lowered with flat coat and pigments, but I need to rework a few spots and appliy more wash e.g. at the canvas door covers and tail light...

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 11:27 PM UTC
Slowly getting there

Gunze Flat and then some Mig "Russian Earth" and "Europe Dust" (very few) .. still needs a bit more on the rear end. Just glued in the head light glasses with Gators Glue .. looks bad now, but will be clear once it is dry.

Also I need to paint the brown leather belts of the canvas and add some further small parts ... I really fear the wipers: lots of tiny parts and many chances to screw up, BUT once these are on, they will spice up the model a lot.

I want to change the driver so that he lights himself a papirossa ... but I am not good at such stuff

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 - 05:47 AM UTC
o.k. no questions or suggestions so it is either o.k. or really bad ..

anyway I finished this kit this afternoon. Last small parts added some corrections at the paint job - of course I forgot the canvas holder again ... just seen it when working at the pictures but else it is done:

hope you like it at least a little

all the best

Steffen

Capt_Concussion
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 - 07:51 AM UTC
Well, I think it's certainly worth a reply.

I think it's a terrific little model
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 - 12:59 PM UTC

Nice Combo!!! Good looking scene you got there
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 - 08:03 PM UTC
Thank you both for your kind comment!!!! It helps to keep the spirit of course I know that there are many modelers out ther that do their models much better than I do ...

Greg: the scene is just for this picture because I feel I cannot photograph military models like I see them. Colours and weathering always looks much different than I see the model in real life.
The base is from Mark58 and I bought it as is. the two models are of course my own production (aircraft is very old already, but fit the scene nicely..)

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 06:37 AM UTC
I spent this afternood with Marc Toillie (aka Mark58) and he has some really nice dio settings that I used for some more shots ...

Tam_GAS-67b_Marc_01.jpg

Tam_GAS-67b_Marc_02.jpg

Tam_GAS-67b_Marc_03.jpg

Tam_GAS-67b_Marc_04.jpg

Tam_GAS-67b_Marc_05.jpg

Tam_GAS-67b_Marc_06.jpg

Tam_GAS-67b_Marc_07.jpg
 _GOTOTOP