Hosted by Darren Baker
Jagdpanther ,F-toys
kit556
Visit this Community
Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 - 06:48 AM UTC
Hello, this is my next braille scale kit for my weathering lesson. F-toys produce a lot of tank-toys ,some like this kit are very good details.

= My gallery :-)

I use this toys for my weathering practice so I do nothing with its base color.

Chipping was done by white and reddish brown acrylic color. I found that base color of kits maybe lacquer type so I can erase an unwanted chip by alcohol. Then filter was done by red brown enamel and followed by dark wash. Next I applied a dot filter with buff enamel and at last made it matt by matt varnish.

I wish to enjoy with this runable tank so I done nothing with track and lower hull.

All comments pro or con are very appreciate to me ,TIA.

Cheers :-)
PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 - 07:55 AM UTC
Using a die cast as a practice field is my approach too.

I think the chipping looks good. Also your washes and filters have given enough depth and a ''used'' look.
You can also try to replace the white with a lighter shade of the color the chip is located. If you are painting a chip on brown use a lighter brown, if it's on a green use a lighter green etc.

You mention a dot filter can you explain what is it how you apply it and what effect it creates?

Best regards, Alexander
kit556
Visit this Community
Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 06:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Using a die cast as a practice field is my approach too.

I think the chipping looks good. Also your washes and filters have given enough depth and a ''used'' look.
You can also try to replace the white with a lighter shade of the color the chip is located. If you are painting a chip on brown use a lighter brown, if it's on a green use a lighter green etc.

You mention a dot filter can you explain what is it how you apply it and what effect it creates?

Best regards, Alexander

Thank you for your chipping suggestions ,Alexander :-)

For done a dot filter I use tooth stick to jot a small spot on the surface. After orche , white and also yellow enamel color are randomized jot. I use a X-20 soaked paintbrush to gently dip on previous jot color. Jot color 'll be dispersed like a diffuse fume. Gloss or X-20 wet surface is better than matt.

I done a dot filter too less than optimum for this kit so I look like a new tank which its not my aim.

This is my previous kit which I try dot filter , I thinks this fading level suit for WWII. BTW, I found that too much or too less are very hard to control when I paint a small scale.

Hope this help you.

Best regards , Kritsada
 _GOTOTOP