Hosted by Darren Baker
PLA ZLC-2000 [C&C]
markchis
Visit this Community
Kuwait / لعربية
KitMaker: 467 posts
Armorama: 392 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 07:12 AM UTC
This is one of the kits I picked up during my business visit to Taiwan. I built it over 3 nights in my hotel room. A very simple and nice little model.

This is the background to the kit -- straight from Hobbyboss website

The ZLC-2000 airborne combat vehicle entered service with the Chinese airborne units in 2003. It is the first Chinese ACV.

Vehicle is armed with a 25-mm turret mounted cannon. The turret is also completed with a HJ -73C anti-tank guided missile launcher.

The ZLC-2000 can be airdropped from any medium transport aircraft using parachute platform. Unlike the latest Russian ACV designs the ZLC-2000 is dropped separately from the crew.

I have painted the kit in Tamiya kits and tried as best could to get replicate the Peoples Liberation Army tri-tonal scheme. Here are some pics after decal application and the gloss coat ---

weathering to follow
spoons
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 07:21 AM UTC
ahhhh modeling in hotel rooms..i always forget to pack that one tool used once in a blue moon!
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 10:01 AM UTC
The build looks good, not bad for a hotel room build! The painting is very nice as well. My only critique would be that the decal film still looks a bit obvious and the numbers on the right side-the film looks crumpled a bit. Maybe a coat of matt vanish will sort this out but it might be wise to give them a gentle brush with some water to flatten them out.
GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,051 posts
Armorama: 1,029 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 10:04 AM UTC
Wow! That looks great!!

You said you used Tamiya colors. Which ones?
markchis
Visit this Community
Kuwait / لعربية
KitMaker: 467 posts
Armorama: 392 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 10:20 AM UTC
Yes Rob - well spotted. I had a major mishap with the kit decals as one of them dissolved into white crumbs.

Hence raid the spares box - closest match to the PLA numerals was the tailfin numbers of a 48th scale Monogram F-111 from boyhood model years circa 1979 !

Well after 10 coats of microsol it has laid down a bit better now, and is varnished. But unfortunately yes they are noticibly thick !

Model colours ---
mix 1:1 xf-57 buff with xf-60 dark yellow

xf58 Olive Green lightened with yellow

xf70 Dark Green 2 (IGN)

Im going to go full on with weathering ! far to easy to keep these looking like parade ground examples
 _GOTOTOP