_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
Another fine Nationals
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 11:08 AM UTC
Might I be the first to type "Thanks for another excellent Nationals!"? I had a great time displaying models with my Branch, and spent far too much money!

My only thoughts are that we might be outgrowing the single tent, and for goodness sake can they add some ventilation? It was boiling in there...

Regards,

Tom
Fumbledbitz
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 04:12 AM UTC
Tom,

Shouldn't you mention WHICH branch?

Keith
barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 06:40 AM UTC
Keith,

Surely you know it's those cheeky Essex lot... And for everyone else out there our annual club show is "Present Arms", held at the Marshalls Park School on Petits Lane, Romford this 14 August! (Details available at www.mafvaessex.co.uk) Hope to see lots of Armorama folk there...

Tom
Jimmie
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 07:14 AM UTC
Sorry Lads,

Once again. I'll be en-route home from holiday.....

Hopefully a Cambridge crew will be present, and selling those selected volumes of Tankette for £3.00 each. If you are interested, pre-order with Chris Lloyd-Staples on [email protected]. No postage to pay if collecting from the show.

Either way, I ma glad you enjoyed the Nationals complete with the free sauna we laid on. That was my third day on site, not the hottest, but certainly the stickiest!
If any of you have photos we can use for reports please send them in to me. Our tame Papparazi broke down on the way to Duxford, so we are lacking photos of any sort.

I hope all goes well for Present Arms, the last one I attended was in the 1970's, does that give my age away?

Take care,

Paul M.

MikeMcLaughlin
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 08:05 AM UTC
I'd like to say a big Thank You, to everyone involved, for yet another superb Nationals.
I'm looking forward to next year's.

Regards
Mike
barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 11:20 AM UTC
Paul,

Sorry you'll miss our show!

If your Pap wasn't there, who was the "official photographer" that went round with a tripod snapping models before opening time?...

Our members should have some decent pics (I haven't downloaded mine yet) so I'll see what we can do.

Tom
Jimmie
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 06:44 PM UTC
The professional looking photographer with the Box Brownie and tray of flash powder was John Woolford, who now produces the incredible covers for Tankette.
He concentrated on the 1:1 scale AFV's but did spend some time on the competition table.

I have received quite a few crowd scenes, and of the set-up phase. These will eventually be posted on the website.
We are gradually getting the bills paid and details tied up and will soon know if we are in a position to start planning for 2011.
What is clear already is that we need more support from the branches to improve things. A statement will be issued when we have had another meeting with IWM Duxford later in the year. Just so you know, the feeling for 2011 is that 'they' want it back on Father's day, but nothing is conformed yet.

What I would like to say is thank you to all the MAFVA members and friends who helped out at the show in whatever capacity. That is what the Association is about. It is our big day, it is an International event, and we should make the best of it.
Paul Middleton

Sunray
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 11:10 AM UTC
Many thanks to all of you who mentioned to me how much you enjoyed this year’s Nationals at Duxford or your regrets at not being able to make it. As usual, it was busy with a friendly atmosphere. Yes, there were lots of goodies on display and many folk very willing to share information. That’s the MAFVA way but the day just goes so quickly.

If you get chance, please try to let Paul and the MAFVA Team know how much all their hard work is appreciated. A bit of praise now and then in the right place is always good for morale.

Gary Williams
MAFVA President

Membership Secretary
Back Issues
 _GOTOTOP