_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Verlinden M8 HMC Interior Set
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 08:10 AM UTC
I got this detail set from my local shop, they had it on clearance for $15. Does anyone have any good info on this set? Any hints when building?
Thanks,
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 10:41 PM UTC
I know DJ probably has completed his by now. I'm using one in conjunction with the M5 Stuart Engines & Compartment for my M8 HMC miniature - without any problems or snags that come to mind to pre-warn you about with the M8 Interior. I haven't painted anything yet, though...

Gunnie
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 10:56 PM UTC
Amigo--the interior for the M8 is a jewel! Went in with little or no shaping. Tricky part involved the placement of the laterals. Difficult to do with kit supplied parts. I fabricated the cross member. Then you have to extremely careful when you mate the panel with the laterals on it to the hull. The laterals will hang up on the seat edges if you are not careful. The ammo wells and ready rack are super. The items for the turret required the assistance of several interior shots of the real Mc Coy to get right. Hit the website that features armor vehicle interiors for some helpful placement hints. There must be a circuit box on the left interior lower hull wall. I could not figure out the purpose. Sights for the main gun are nice. You can paint the read and black scale levels without too much trouble. Get to it. Fun kit to do. Recommend you add AFV T-16 tracks.
Hope this helps.
DJ
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 12:26 AM UTC
Thanks, already got the tracks...
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 12:57 AM UTC
Rob--enjoy building it. I took the two vehicles I completed and am now in the process of building a suitable diorama.
DJ
tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 01:18 AM UTC
Rob,
Just in case you missed it, here's a link to Steve Zaloga's article on the M8. It's a great reference on building this little howitzer.

http://www.militarymodelling.com/features/feature5/index.html

The interior details that he added were fairly extensive. And his article was very in depth.
Later,
Tim
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rob,
Just in case you missed it, here's a link to Steve Zaloga's article on the M8. It's a great reference on building this little howitzer.

http://www.militarymodelling.com/features/feature5/index.html

The interior details that he added were fairly extensive. And his article was very in depth.
Later,
Tim

Tim--that is a very interesting site. Do you know how much it cost to subscribe?
DJ

tankshack
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Tim--that is a very interesting site. Do you know how much it cost to subscribe?
DJ

I usually get my "Militay Modeling" fix from Grandad's or Piper Hobby at around $7.95 an issue. I have thought of subscribing and I know that you can do it through...

Looks like it's slightly cheaper to subscribe at$78.50 a year
http://www.wiseowlmagazines.com/Military_Modeling_History_MM.html
Have fun, don't spend it all at that place... they sell the best of the Model mags that I have seen.

Later,
Tim
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 03:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

DJ

I usually get my "Militay Modeling" fix from Grandad's or Piper Hobby at around $7.95 an issue. I have thought of subscribing and I know that you can do it through...

Looks like it's slightly cheaper to subscribe at$78.50 a year
http://www.wiseowlmagazines.com/Military_Modeling_History_MM.html
Have fun, don't spend it all at that place... they sell the best of the Model mags that I have seen.

Later,
Tim

Tim--thanks. I'll get one at my routine stop at piper this weekend. I just ordered the Custom Dioramic Sherman sandbag set. Have you ever used it?
thanks
DJ
 _GOTOTOP