_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Mastiff
Sapper131
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 96 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 19, 2010 - 01:50 AM UTC
Hi all

Heres the thing.

Im obsessing a bit over the British Army Mastiff at the moment, the main reason being a freind of mine has recently returned from afghanistan minus a foot but is proud to say if it hadnt been for the fact that he was driving Mastiff he would have lost a lot more.

That and the fact i think they are meaty looking bits of kit has driven me to want one.

I cant afford Cromwells excellent offering and for the forseeable future i cant see one coming out in plastic so having never scratchbuilt anything before except a clansman box for a cheiftain im putting out a call for help to all you seasoned scratchbuilders and like minded people out there.

Has anybody got any plans to have a go at scratchbuilding one or can somebody point me in the right direction with regards to plans, dimensions and drawings as well as getting hold of the bits i couldnt scratchbuild such as wheels and stuff. If i did give it a go it would be in 1/35.

Im probably way out of my league on this one but if its the only way im going to get my hands on one then wish me luck, it might even make for an interesting build log. Is anybody else interested at giving this a go?

Your comments tips and insults are as always welcome.

Thanks guys.
 _GOTOTOP