_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Academy M-60
KMM
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 12:22 PM UTC
I was wondering if anyone had built this kit - you know, the one with the reactive armor? I'm not normally into modern armor, but I think this one looks incredibly cool - and I pretty much stole it off of E-Bay I've had good luck with the couple of Academy kits I've built so far, I'd just like some first-hand experience if anyone has some.

BTW: One of the color's schemes called for on this vehicle is desert pink. Desert pink?? Looks more tan to me. I have a bottle of Poly-S U.S. Modern Armor Sand, does anyone know if this is the same color?
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 01:56 PM UTC
Is it the Marine or Isreali version? The Marine should be US Armor Sand, and the Isrealis have their own Armor Sand... Model Master does that one and others may.

I have used the kit to build my CEV, though I only used the chassis and a bunch of accessories... it has a lot of good detail on it and hordes of accessories, as with most Academy armor kits. The wheels are great, with the rubber on them.

ponysoldier
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 223 posts
Armorama: 110 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2002 - 10:32 PM UTC
I've had good luck with Academy .Some are better than others,but a horde of extra parts
I like the reactive armor Makes a good model sharp

ponysoldier

The Horse The Gun The Man
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2002 - 11:16 PM UTC
I've got one of the Academy M-60s, the M60A1 RISE with ERA and dozer blade (1390), not a bad kit. FWIW, some of the vehicle that were deployed to the Persian Gulf were painted in a desert tan color that looked a little "pink", especially when parked next to M1A1s that were painted the newer desert tan (this shade looked a little more yellow). Anyone with a set of tr-color DCUs can tell you, one of those shades of tan does look a little pink compared to the other two colors.
 _GOTOTOP