talib
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 177 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 07:10 AM UTC
Hello!

I need advice:

in march I made an order to Gordon Brown from Cromwell models. He quickly replied on my mails and everything was ok.

After he charged my credit card he don't reply on my mails and i still didin't recieved anything from him.

May be anyone know, what happend with Gordon.

Kind regards,
Anton Melnikov
GaryGore
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 384 posts
Armorama: 338 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 07:21 AM UTC
This is a common occurance, but you should see what you ordered.

I believe there are a few threads about this on here currently.
talib
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 07:35 AM UTC
i ordered cougar mrap
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Armorama: 1,431 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 08:40 AM UTC
Gosh, with every thread that pops up about Cromwell and Gordon's obvious inability to take care of his customers I can't tell you how lucky I feel I didn't order from him like I planned to a few months back.

Hope your problem with him gets solved, Anton!

Rob
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 08:54 AM UTC
Glasgow Trading Standards indicates he is no longer trading out of the current address listed on the price list. More than likely he is casting from home or has a different, covert, address - a contravention of both UK and EU trading laws, btw. If you can get your c/c funds back I highly suggest you do that. It is possible you will get your kit in a few months time, then again, maybe not. Gordon does have his defenders - most of them from the UK where due to locality they get treated marginally better. Cromwell Models is currently under investigation for breach of trading laws by the UK Trading Standards Office.
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 09:38 AM UTC
Despite the undeniable quality of his kits I find it incredible that people still bother ordering from him. He really needs to sort his act out or shut up shop, i find it pretty unfair that hes willing to provide a half decent service to UK buyers (me being one of them) but doesnt to offer the same service to foreign buyers.
hostias
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 10:09 AM UTC
Hi Anton:

At this point, I have the same problem as you, as I had with this man a few months ago and slow to send four or five months and especially after having denounced the Bank and the European Consumer Office.

Their products are exceptional in terms of quality, but, as a person leaves much to be desired.

If next week I have not heard from my order I'll put another complaint with the Bank.

I am a retired bank worker and I think, how to recover the money, is to put a complaint with your bank, this will be in contact with the Bank of Gordon, that they find out the payment for the charge made on your card and Bury.

Anyway, if I have it fixed for August or September, when I try to do some traveling. It is possible that I moved to Scotland, where to England in August or in September if the fair and put a complaint in his country in the police.

I have defended on the grounds of the quality of its products, but this is intolerable, laughs at us and my patience is over.

Good luck and above all do not leave, be up and especially the report is the only way not to lose your money.

I hope these words will be used as guidance, receives a salute of solidarity.

Respect,

Mon

P.D. Sorry for my English
jargonking
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 269 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 10:24 AM UTC
Simply typing Cromwell Models into google finds lots of links to sites where people are complaining about missing items.

Thankfully I'm not one of them but if anyone here has got a similar problem then perhaps contact Glasgow Trading Standards here....

[email protected]
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 10:43 AM UTC
These problems with Gordon are quite frequent, as you are seeing from teh posts above. One place tha Gordon seems to monitor more often is the forum at Missing Links. Post your complaint over there and it frequently happens that he responds to the post and then action starts to happen. It's not a guarantee, but it usually happens this way.

As Rob said, he really needs to get his business act together or just sell the moulds to someone who can service the clientelle. Sadly, Gordon doesn't seem to be able to manage it. I do think he tries and people are seldom completely screwed out of money, but things can take a very long time to resolve.

My Brit friends tend not to buy from him by mail order and just wait until they can see him at a show and buy a kit they are actually holding in their hands.

Paul
jargonking
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 269 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 10:58 AM UTC
Sorry, but there is simply no excuse for holding on to peoples hard-earned cash for months on end then only releasing the goods after being hounded in online forums.
It is illegal to offer for sale non-existent goods or to take payment for those goods if they are not available for immediate despatch.
That is why large online retailers such as Amazon do not charge your card until goods are in stock.
Portraying the owner of Cromwell Models as just a nice guy who is in over his head doesn't cut it with me.
He sees nothing wrong with taking money from people and paying it into his own account then presumably living off the proceeds while offering nothing in return.
Forget the quality of his invisible merchandise, he should be shut down tomorrow.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 11:15 AM UTC
[quote]Sorry, but there is simply no excuse for holding on to peoples hard-earned cash for months on end then only releasing the goods after being hounded in online forums.
It is illegal to offer for sale non-existent goods or to take payment for those goods if they are not available for immediate despatch.

I agree. At an average of a hundred quid a kit how much money has he made since 1984? He could have easily hired an assistant and chose not to. What's more he operates his business in almost "black ops" manner to avoid answering uncomfortabe questions. At the beginning of my dealings with UK Trading Standards I sent several emails from different addresses. They all were letters asking about missing orders on behalf of a friend, except for one that said I have a credit card and I am ready to order several MRAPS and tanks. Guess which one got answered. Or maybe it was his spam filter - you guys heard that one yet? Funny thing about emails - they have read/received options....
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 02:29 PM UTC
If only this guy got someone to deal with customers and he got on with producing his products, and every customer when making an order was informed of a waiting time he could be a big player in resin. His products are some of the very best on the market, and if he got his customer service together he would be a real winner.
As it is people are getting annoyed with his P P service and not ordering items, and their complaints are read by other potential customers who also decide not to order. Get your act together and keep your customers happy as your products are excellent (which is the hard part).
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Armorama: 1,431 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 04:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

except for one that said I have a credit card and I am ready to order several MRAPS and tanks. Guess which one got answered.

Yep, exactly!...When I thought about ordering I sent Gordon an email asking for the price of the item and I expressed my desired to purchase it right away. Within a couple of minutes (yes, 2 minutes or so) I had an email reply from Gordon with a list of items and their prices. So, I guess he's only interested in taking the money but not delivering the goods. Me being in the U.S. would have been great for him I guess...

Rob
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 08:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

These problems with Gordon are quite frequent, as you are seeing from teh posts above. One place tha Gordon seems to monitor more often is the forum at Missing Links. Post your complaint over there and it frequently happens that he responds to the post and then action starts to happen. It's not a guarantee, but it usually happens this way.

Paul

Please do NOT post this in the General Forum of Missing Lynx as it will be wiped. We got sick and tired of the flame wars started and having to sort that mess out. ML is not Gordons answering service he needs to get of his backside and sort out his client base instead of just sauntering onto the forums when he gets a few bad posts . ML have a standing No Gordon Posts anymore for the General Forum. It is sad that it got to that stage but enough was enough.
Given the amount of bad service posts over the last 2-3 years I am continually amazed people risk it. I'd love the new Challenger set but don't want to risk it.
Al Bowie
Moderator ML General Forum
BRAVO3
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 144 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 09:13 PM UTC
So many times the problems with Cromwell models have been posted here...
His models are great, high quality and very well casted. I would like to have some of them, but I am very glad that I have never ordered them and I will never order them! I can take my money and throw it out of the window...

Is there any modeler out there who want to order and make the payment in advance???? I hope no one will order the products in the future!!!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 09:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Please do NOT post this in the General Forum of Missing Lynx as it will be wiped. We got sick and tired of the flame wars started and having to sort that mess out. ML is not Gordons answering service he needs to get of his backside and sort out his client base instead of just sauntering onto the forums when he gets a few bad posts . ML have a standing No Gordon Posts anymore for the General Forum. It is sad that it got to that stage but enough was enough.

Thanks Al, you beat me to it. FYI, Gordon also visits this site as well.

Yes, if it was me that was affected i'd probably be screaming from the rooftops as well. However, I would request, in the interests of fairness, that unless you've been DIRECTLY affected by non-compliance you DON'T post here.

Also, please, refrain from personal attacks, Thanks!
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 10:02 PM UTC
The very name Gordon Brown should be enough to set the alarm bells ringing .

- Steve
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 10:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Isn't that a little difficult given that Cromwell Models is a one man operation.

Alan
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 10:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Isn't that a little difficult given that Cromwell Models is a one man operation.

Alan

I think most of can (hopefully) figure out what constitutes a personal attack and what is a genuine complaint.

I've nothing against legitimate (direct) complaints, what I dislike is a hangin' party consisting of the finacially uninvolved...
talib
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 02:30 AM UTC
hello friends!

Thank you for suppotr and advice.

I wish to inform you, that Gordon send me mail today with info on my order (after a month of silence).

I think, that my public posts on armorama and ML helped me to resolve this problem.

Kind regards,

Anton
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 02:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hello friends!

Thank you for suppotr and advice.

I wish to inform you, that Gordon send me mail today with info on my order (after a month of silence).

I think, that my public posts on armorama and ML helped me to resolve this problem.

Kind regards,

Anton

Glad you got resolution. Now, the thread can be locked I think...
 _GOTOTOP