_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Centurion
KiwiDave
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, August 08, 2003 - 05:15 PM UTC
I have posted some better pics of my Cent but as I cant make the pic gizmo work you will have to go find them!

http://groups.msn.com/Armorama/kiwidaveskollection.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=12580

Regards Dave :-)
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 05:59 AM UTC
Yeah, I love it......Have you seen the new book, Military Briefs No. 3 Australian Centurions in Vietnam? Mouse House Enterprises, Author, Shane Lovell.... I'm tempted to get it and a coupla Tamiya Centurions. Why don't you do a feature on your upgrade....It would make very interesting reading...hint,hint.....Jim
KiwiDave
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2003 - 12:35 PM UTC
Thanks Jim. I did not really do an upgrade, just finished off what Tamiya did not do. As the Cent was my first attempt at armour I really wanted an OOB but once I saw what was in the box I settled on simply adding a few details to get a standard MkIII.

I would really like to do an Aden/Persian Gulf Mk10 but as I have commented elsewhere I am not prepared to pay Tamiya top dollar for the old dog.

An Aussie Vietnam conversion would be interesting 'cos they added a lot of their own mods to the basic Mk5.

Basically all I did to mine was cut off the pioneer tools, throw away the cruder 'details' and scratch from styrene, alumnium and brass some suitable replacements. I did cheat on the shovels which are white metal.

Regards Dave

Age is a high price to pay for maturity.
 _GOTOTOP