_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Barbarosa: How's it going?
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,318 posts
Armorama: 837 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 07:25 AM UTC
I am amazed at how many folks have signed up for this campaign. I do hope that everyone enters something. I am working on Italeri's Panzerjager I. I am adding an Eduard PE set, a Jordi Rubio barrell, a Moskit muffler, and Fruil tracks.

This is my first attempt at any AM stuff. I have decided to never us PE again. Holy crap I suck at using super glue. Anyway, I'd like to take a minute to give the Moskit guys a shout out. If you haven't used one of their mufflers yet, treat your next kit to one; you won't be disappointed.

To wrap this babbling up, I hope to start painting this week. Should have some finished photos soon.. Good luck all.

Patrick
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 11:14 AM UTC
My Sd.Kfz. 222 and 223 are built up OOB. Next is to paint but they are sitting on hold at the moment while I finish up some projects! Here they are, so far!

HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 468 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 11:24 AM UTC
Have finished my Panzer IIF. Just gotta post some pics.

Regards
HastyP
jejack2
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 11:32 AM UTC
Still working on the Painters Block I'm experiencing on my Krupp.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 02:36 PM UTC
My LeFH18 is done and pic posted, now working on a KV II and a T50. No biggie.
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 03:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Subject: Barbarosa: How's it going?

Done sir!

Good luck on your build Patrick.

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 11:34 PM UTC
My little bean cart is built and weathered. Now I have to load it up with vittles... Ham, lots of ham...

Shaun

ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 714 posts
Armorama: 360 posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 01:28 PM UTC
I'm in a holding pattern until I get back to my compressor in a couple of weeks time. Then, power build and finish in the next two weeks.
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Armorama: 526 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 07:57 AM UTC
I am building the Tamiya Sd.Kfz 7/1, with the Eduard AM set added.

Construction of the plastic parts is about 90% finished, and I have started adding the PE. I do still have some filling and sanding to do though on the floor of the gun.

The gunshield are figed to the gunmount now, and I am now in the process of building the gunshields... I am glad I have recieved my etchmate.... One gunshied has the rear almost finished...

H have to sratch the cap of the radiator as I lost that one to the carpet god. When the subassemblies are finished, I will spray the vehicle with a Tamiya spray-can, and have to do the rest by hand, as the acquisition of an airbrush is postponed for a while..

I am using this vehicle as a practice-piece, and if finished, it will be my first vehicle finished in a little over 7 years. I have am in the process of buying another one, which I plan on giving the full treatment (PE, new tracks, barrels, airbrushpainting + scratchbuilding) for later, when I have some more experience. For the same reason I have bought me a 2nd Sd.Kfz 250/1 alte. One for the groupbuild, if that is still on, and one for later, with all the Aber stuff and possibly new tracks...
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 11:38 AM UTC
Coming along fine. I need to get some Aber clamps in for tools and get the tracks started.but have hull and turret just about finished so well on the way. (++) (++) (++) (++)
Oink oink
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 459 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 02:18 AM UTC
Well....I tried that salt chipping technique on my KV-1 and that was a mess. I stripped the paint and attempted to paint over it, but I have salt blotches all over the thing!!!, So I stripped again and scrubbed the devil out of the kit, repainted, STILL BLOTCHY!!! I'm not pleased and my crack open one of my other kits for this campaign.
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2003 - 02:26 AM UTC
Due to external problems I'm completely stuck at the moment. I hope to be able to start in the next ten days...
Ciao
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2003 - 03:47 AM UTC
My T-26 seems to be progressing at a slow steady pace. Mostly just cosmetics (handles, lamps, siren etc) need to be added and some filling needs to be done and sanded. Then it is painting time.

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2003 - 03:49 AM UTC
My turret to my T-50 is about 90% done or so, just needs the main gun/mantlet added after I paint them separately.

The hull is about 75% complete, save for mounting of the road wheels and the track. The single link track with separate center guides is something I don't look forward to doing.
NoMercy
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 111 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 03:14 AM UTC
It's not! My move from Honolulu to Denver has taken longer than expected and all of my building personal effects will not be here for another 3 to 4 weeks. I guess this is a good time to update some of my basic model building tools and get as far as I can until my air brush gets here in a month.

Talk about squeezing in under the wire.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 05:09 AM UTC
I'm done. I'll see about getting some pictures outside...

Had a great time. Thanks for the motivation...

Shaun
sphyrna
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 379 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 09:18 AM UTC
Hey Keenan,
I'm building the same thing!
small world

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 10:21 AM UTC
It sure is sphyrna, a small world, but I sure wouldn't want to paint it... LOL. What do you think of the kit? I loved it. Easy and quick build, just begged to be loaded up with stuff. Do you have any in progress pics? I am saving the horses for the T2K campaign.

Shaun
sphyrna
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 379 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 02:52 PM UTC
Hi Shaun,
I liked the kit- typical Tamiya- goes together nice. I'm working up the horses to include with the kit for the campaign. Instead of cutting that sheet of plastic into strips like the instructions tell you to do, I bought Evergreen styrene strips in 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 mm widths to use for the bridle gear.
I like the weathering on your piece- I have to tone mine down abit.
I see you also had the same thought I had- including some scale 'firewood' with the model.
I have one shot so far of the pieces pre-weathering, I have to load up the digital camera software to upload the images into my 'puter. Look for some shots by the end of the week.

Have you seen any reference shots of this thing on the web?
One thing that puzzles me are the wagon wheels. Those little squares on the face of the wheel where each spoke is located. I assume it's supposed to depict some kind of metal bracket- but I've never seen a metal bracket like that on another wagon wheel.

I did a websearch- but everthing that came up was for wagon wheels of buckboards and prairie schooners and those wheels don't have the bracket, maybe the Europeans made wagon wheels differently.....
Anyway a cool kit- and it's good to see the 'panzer troopers' won't go hungry

Peter
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 03:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

just needs the main gun/mantlet added after I paint them separately.

Robin--just curious why the gun/mantlet is painted separately from the turret. Thanks

Steve
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 03:52 PM UTC
Applied a Dark Green base coat on my Italeri BT-5. Have to do a bit more filling and sanding.
clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 774 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 05:11 PM UTC
Decided I would try a real challenge for myself with the campaign, I am woking on a Alan ZIS-5...Ouch!!! Not the best kit by a loooong shot, but it is about 80% done with the construction phase. Will post photos soon, if you really want to see them.

Coop
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2003 - 01:20 AM UTC
Going bad bad bad bad for me hehehe...

Being a modern armor fan, I find meself putting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much attention to my commitments in the Twilight 2000 campaign, thereby becoming completely irresponsible to my commitments in the Barbarossa campaign. I've finished building (but not painted) the T-38, but I'm having problems with the two T-26 kits (the Italeri kit with the 37mm gun, and the Zvesda kit of the 1932 twin turret version), particularly the tracks, which I found to be too short.

So... the original person in-charge in Gennady's Iron and Steel Works (Armor Division) has been dragged out by the NKVD for "counter revolutionary sabotage" and shot by firing squad, at the orders of Stalin, via Beria.
As a result, the new person in-charge has shifted all personel from the Twilight 2000 department to the Barbarossa department, to make haste the completion of the two T-26 tanks. The T-38 is undergoing field trials as we speak, and will definitely enter service before the Setyabr deadline.
NoMercy
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 111 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 02:09 AM UTC
I just got the kit. What a POS!! It is the Eastern Express Soviet BA-3 armored car. Tons of flash. Hopefully the fit is better than the finish. Luckily it looks to be a rather simple kit and since my airbrush is still in a container coming form Hawaii. I should be able to have it built and ready in time for painting.
Chief
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 193 posts
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2003 - 07:43 AM UTC
Still waiting time to paint the little amphib light tank. Working 12-14 hour days for the past 3 weeks straight has taken the motivation to do ANYTHING away, except sleep. Will try to get started this week. I was hoping to have my set of Russian paints by now, but the mail over here to Sicily is SSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!
Tamiya Dark Green here we come! Hope all is well back in the land of the big PX! Rob, did you like the coffee?
 _GOTOTOP