_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Anyone familiar with Andreas Nossman?
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 03:38 PM UTC
Morning lads. dug up a book, mid nineties, from the Verlinden collection re dioramas produced by a German modeller Andreas Nossman. Have to say that I have yet to find anything that has superceded (some look to be about equal in stature!) his attention to detail in figure painting and diorama layout. (Ok, helps that he is [was?] actually an accomplished artist...) Is anyone famil with his work? Is his work still going on around the traps? Fair dinkum, the detail this bloke could put into faces was (is?) amazing!!
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2003 - 05:09 PM UTC
Yes... I know of Andreas... he does fine work! But my all-time "guru" is still Bob Letterman... you want to see detail? Go take a look at his famous diorama "Legacy".... it is both stunning and breath-taking!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:36 PM UTC
See these
Bob Letterman 1
Bob Letterman 2
Bob Letterman 3
Andreas Nossman 1
True masters .. both of them!
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 10:18 PM UTC
Sheesh I've been lessoned... Bob Letterman 'upsizes' the dio stakes!! They've now officially put my dios in the minnow section til hell freezes over... But that's cool. Don't think I'm a big project kinda bloke... Thanks for the eye opener lads... Seen "Was Nun?" in this book I have. More my kinda size methinks...
 _GOTOTOP