KitMaker: 32 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2010 - 09:57 AM UTC
Job advert:

Job Title: Model kit reviewer
Wages: nil, nothing, zilch!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the flippant title and opening, let me explain:

Tony Ivey and myself have recently been discussing the excellent service provided by the On The Way site for 1/72nd scale modellers and lamented the lack of a similar site for 1/76th scale models.

To this end we have decided to start up a 1/76th scale model review site. We have set up a FaceBook page to keep everyone up to speed on how we are progressing with this project. We have OTW sites permission to use their layout, which should make the look of the site familiar. The site will be called “Covenantor Modelling Site”.

As such we are looking for help to get the site moving. We are looking for information on all scale model companies that are, or have ever produced a model kit in 1/76th scale. Initially we are only going to cover vehicles. We hope in time to be able to add another site for figures or link into one of the existing figure sites. We hope to add 1/87th scale models in the future as well.

Once the list of manufacturers is up we will add a product listing of each kit and from there we will either do reviews ourselves or invite reviews from any interested party, as long as the review is unbiased. Where possible we will provide a link into other sites which carry relevant information.

So if anyone is interested in this project and would like to help us get the ball rolling please visit our face book page:
http://www.facebook.com/?tid=1475881948214&sk=messages#!/group.php?gid=137903862903558

Or send an email to myself at:
[email protected]

Thanks,
Ian

Ian Hanratty
Friendship Models
majjanelson
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,355 posts
Armorama: 979 posts
Posted: Friday, July 09, 2010 - 10:39 AM UTC
Ian,

If you are not aware, you might want to look at/contact Henk of Holland's Site, which certainly would provide a starting place for 1/76 scale (and 1/87, too) manufacturers.
 _GOTOTOP