_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Reference Photos Rearranged
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 12:48 AM UTC
I spent some of last night and this morning rearranging the AFV reference photos under Modern Armor. They are now grouped by nationality as I think this goes well with our international user-base. There are some photos in an album called "unknown nationality" that I could use some help getting to the right albums. If anyone knows which countries these AFVs likely belong too I would appriciate you leaving a comment under the photo to that effect.

Heres the link: Modern Armor Reference Gallery

Once this is more settled I plan on adding small flags to each selected thumbnail image.

Thanks,
Jim
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 03:31 AM UTC
Jim, good job... The navigation trough the references is much easier now. Thanks.

Mario M.

ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 04:08 AM UTC
Jim,

Have you considered creating a 'Soviet Union' section, and separating out those images of clearly Cold War vehicles?

(This is just off the top of my head, and may not be a good idea, but I throw it out for the dogs to sniff. Roll in it if you like it.)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 04:49 AM UTC
ARENGCA,
Yes that may be something I will do down the road for now defunct countries or governments. Yugoslavia is another. The other possiblity I was weighing was to have the country/nationality thing be the first selection page (so all WWII, Cold War stuff would be located by country too). Just not sure the WWII fanatics want to see the mixing of those eras.

Jim

PS: What does ARENGCA stand for anyway? I did a google search and nuttin....well save for Armorama pages. hehe
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 04:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

ARENGCA,
Yes that may be something I will do down the road for now defunct countries or governments. Yugoslavia is another. The other possiblity I was weighing was to have the country/nationality thing be the first selection page (so all WWII, Cold War stuff would be located by country too). Just not sure the WWII fanatics want to see the mixing of those eras.

Jim

PS: What does ARENGCA stand for anyway? I did a google search and nuttin....well save for Armorama pages. hehe

Is it: Army Reserve Engineer /Civil Affairs?
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 05:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Is it: Army Reserve Engineer /Civil Affairs?

Close! Actually, it is the branches I have served in over the years, with some license to make my screen name more readable.

AR = Armor, my first branch and first love...I was enlisted as a tanker (19E), 18 mos. as a Plt Ldr, 2-1/2 years as a company XO, and some time as a BMO.
ENG = My favorite branch (Engineers)...they paid me to blow things up! Spent the most time (so far) in this one.
CA = My current and most challenging branch. Tough job, incredible soldiers. I love it.

I also spent 2 years+ as a Transportation Company Commander (M916A2s...Freightliners, with 7500 gal Fruehof tankers!). A great group of folks, and I loved being their boss. I never changed branches though, so I don't call myself a Trans (TC) officer, except for resumes!

So, the mystery is solved!
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2002 - 06:42 AM UTC
We served in a couple of the same branches, I started out as a 12F (CEV crewman) as an enlisted man in the Guard, then served for 10 years as an armor officer on active duty before changing branches to the ordnance branch. I still act and think like a tanker.

As far as the photo rearranging, I like it, it makes it easier for me to add my photos.
 _GOTOTOP