_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
M84 Kuwait/Yugoslav vs. T72
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 - 08:45 AM UTC
I recently acquired the Kirin M84 Free Kuwait/Yugoslav kit. It is the Dragon T72 with a resin, Kirin M84 turret and a few other parts (3) in resin. I have researched the subject a little and from what I read, the major visual difference between a standard T72 and the M84 is the Yugoslav guidance system which sits on the front, top of the turret. Other than that, is it basically the same?

I would like to build a standard (Iraqi?) T72 using the nicer Kirin turret. Is it possible? I'm not looking for an uber-correct T72, just one that looks about right.
krasnov
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 - 09:55 AM UTC
Hi

The kirin M-84 resembles an early m-84 with the turret of the T-72M , , if you wish you can scratch it for an iraqui tank, biut if you want it to do a free kuwaiti or an iraqui captured vehicle you must scratch or change the turret to the T-72M1 turret and have to add the glacis armor of that models or use the tamiya hull and scracth the turret

regards
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 - 03:32 PM UTC
Best bet is to build it as is and only look at it from several feet away. It was ok for its time, but we know too much now for ignorant bliss...or something like that.

Just build it.
 _GOTOTOP