_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
The hedgerow is finished
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 651 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 12:49 PM UTC
Well, here it is-

Please let me know what you think. Thank you
The rest can be found here-
http://groups.msn.com/digitaldioramas/boosahmerswork.msnw?Page=2
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 05:13 PM UTC
I like the overall layout, and the variations in your folliage. The one place where you might want to touch up is the "black stain" on the Sherman barrell....it is a little too hard. It looks like you used a standard brush as opposed to an air brush, but it is easy to fix.

First re-paint he end of the barrel to match the tank. Then take a dark charcoal oil and place a SMALL dab on the tip of the barrel. Take a clean brush and dip it into thinner and pull the paint back towards the tank. The thinner will dilute as you pull back, thus creating a lightly feathered dark color that fades to a more realistic look.

Figures look nice - but that mohawk dude is nuts to walk in the bocage without his "steel pot"....
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 08:20 PM UTC
hey Boosahmer, this turned out really nice. The hedgegrows look well .. loads of variation and colour ... although in one picture.. the wire wool shows through as grey/silver. The ground work looks amazing and very realistic. Is this Italeri´s M4A1? What is the hedgegrow cutter... scratchbuilt or aftermarket? The figures look well and all have nice and suitable poses. the only thing I could nit-pick about is the sandbags on the wings. The ropes tying them closed is a nice addition, but slack material is sitting out straight. Is there anyway you could flaten these a little? Otherwise a very nice dio
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
KitMaker: 720 posts
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2003 - 09:41 PM UTC
Nice dio ,it's realistic and with a lot of different colours..
I like it
Regards
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 12:21 AM UTC
This came out very well. I like it, I've seen variations of this, you found a newness to it. Well done composition.
There are a few detail things that you can look to include in your next diorama. One thing I like to see is a 'touched up' base. Add a small piece of 1/4 round molding to the edge and stain it. Or even fill in the edge with household spackle, sand and paint. It sets it off really nicely as a display piece.
I like that you've added track ruts, a pile of dirt for the tunnel, and other details sometimes left out.

Nice job.
boosahmer
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 03:26 AM UTC
Thanks for all the input- I appreciate it!
The hedgerow cutter is AM from Tank Workshop.
boosahmer
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 03:30 AM UTC
Almost forgot- Plastic, the tank is Italeri's M4A1
 _GOTOTOP