KV-1's Ehkranami, Beutepanzer. 1/72nd scale
Korpse
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 05:36 PM UTC
Hi all

this is the Trumpeter 1/72nd scale KV-1 Ehkranami.

there are a few dozen pictures around of KV-1s with applique armour in german use, so I have modelled this tank on a photo of one of these captured ones.

this particular KV-1 seems to have been in german hands for awhile as there are pictures taken on 3 different occasions, one where it is in solid whitewash, and other where its not in whitewash & fairly clean, and the ones below where it has become more damaged, apparently from combat action

not much modification needed, I just had to damage the left mudguard,remove a bit from the right guard, remove the lid from the side tool box, and remove a bolt from the turret armour, and paint that spot to represent where it has had a strike mark, as in the original photo.

The original photos are of course in black and white. Sometimes captured soviet vehicles were repainted, sometimes not. I've presumed this one was in german hands long enough to be repainted panzer grey.

I have a small diorama half made for it, the photos here were taken on a temporary base.

cheers
Korpse

weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 08:23 AM UTC
WOW, what a beautiful build. I think that anyone would be hard pressed to tell what scale it is. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
AJ
 _GOTOTOP