Armor/AFV: Softskins
Softskins group discussions.
Hosted by Darren Baker
KMC Italeri Jeep Update Set
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 03:17 AM UTC
Found this kit in a mystery pile at my local hobby shop (Spare Time shop, they have a bunch of name brand resin on sale NOW!). It was in a pile along with some SBD bomber detail sets. I cracked open two of the boxes that didn't have and descriptive markings on them. One was for a small German resin 7.5cm gun (complete kit) and the other was for a Willys Jeep update set for the Italeri kit.

This is kit #35-1004 and includes a resin engine and transmission, photoetch fan blades, photoetch front bumper and rear bumperettes, and I think it had some photoetch dashboard detail. The engine is designed to be shown inside or outside of the vehicle.

Very nice set, I'm glad I ran across it. Plus it was marked down to $4.95. Anyone got any information on this old set? Seems like it snuck in under my radar screen.

I've always like the Italeri Jeep kit, I plan on using this one with my Revell of Germany Willys Jeep. I've got grandeous plans (and pictures) of doing it as one of Patton's command Jeeps (took photos of one at Ft. Lee).
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 - 03:24 AM UTC
I've used the KMC set before and liked it alot. Makes a nice addition to the Italeri kit. The most important thing I recall about the set is check and adjust the fit of the transmission bell housing when trying to fit it to the Italeri model. It pays to dry-fit several times to make sure you seat it and the Engine Block properly. I went ahead and left the two parts separate. I attached the Bell Housing to the drive shafts as a unit, and then inserted the Engine later on.

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP