_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Problem reading topic on submitting features
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 10:34 PM UTC
Hi,
as I'm no longer a site contributor, I can't read the message about not submitting reviews or features to editors.
What's the problem about ?
I personnally sent a feature article a while ago directly to an editor as I didn't manage to send it through the on-line form. Does this generate problem ?

Olivier
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 11:07 PM UTC
Olivier,

Hi. The issue came up because a contributer was wondering why his article was taking so long to come out. It turned out he sent it all directly to a particular editor (rather than to the general Kitmaker email address on the submissions page) and that editor has been called away on military service! No big problem, but Jim just took the opportunity to remind us all of the proper channels for submitting material.

[edit: By sending it through proper channels it can be reassigned to another editor. If sent directly to one editor's mailbox then the Managing Editor might not know it exists, and cannot reassign it if necessary.]

Tom
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 02:56 PM UTC
Olivier, the problem is I haven't seen any of your excellent reviews in way too long!

Tom has it right, the best way to submit reviews and features is through the links on the submission page. This has a 'back-up' built in as it will go to the Kitmaker email (JimS) and the appropriate Managing Editors email. This helps to keep things moving and prevent loss in case something comes up with one editor or the other.

If you haven't had your feature article published yet, inquire with Keith (docdios).

And for any that forgot, or just never knew, clicking on the About Us tab at top and going to Meet the Staff, will bring up the email addresses for all the staff on each respective site, as well as our ugly mugs.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 08:58 PM UTC
Thanks for the answers. I'll try to contact Keith.

I know of the standard procedure but for some reason the last time I tried to apply for a feature article, my mail provider denied sending the mail to the generic network address so I had to send my contribution to Keith, I believe.

I'll see what I can do for new reviews ;-) My birthday is coming and I know for sure that some resin bits will come to celebrate this great day (at least for me !!)

Olivier
 _GOTOTOP