_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
seeping water ..
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 01:30 AM UTC
Eeeh I need your advise (again)

For my rock diorama I am wanting to put a litle water spring in the scene (seeping) so that the scene is a bit more atractive

I made a test piece alongside my good piece so I could try some stuff out and on the next pictures you can see my attempt.

I used Future to create a whet look but how do you think it is looking?? I am not that pleased with it, it looks wet but it dos not look like water flowing.

Any tips to create this ?? Remember, I do not have any resin or sort at hand, this is a low (no) budget project

Tnx for the help

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 01:42 AM UTC
The green really adds to it - I like it.
I don't know - I like the look of the water. If you have a seaping water source I wouldn't imagine to much of a stream would be able to collect.

My thought on actually having it is - white glue covered in future. Make a white glue bead and then give it shine with future.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 02:01 AM UTC
Ola Ronny

I actually like it the way it is now. Maybe you could add a couple of layers of future more but I like it the way it is. It`s seeping water as you say and not the niagara falls for example. Seeping water is a really light layer of water that goes along your rock and I think you already covered that quite good.

Part-timer
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 361 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 02:27 AM UTC
I think it looks very convincing. Maybe a black-tinted oil wash covered by another layer of future to really capture the way rock gets darker when it's wet? Great as-is, though.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 03:40 AM UTC
I'm with the other guys here. Looks fine as it is. With the rest of the base all flat, that green with a sheen does the trick.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 03:41 AM UTC
Ronny,

I like how it is right now. Could you please give an overwiew pic, so we can see how it looks in total ?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 03:54 AM UTC
I have to agree with everyone else. I think it looks good the way it is. If you are going to add to it maybe a thin line of the Testors Cement for Clear Parts would add just a little depth?
However, if it was me, I think I would leave it.

Shaun
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 04:05 AM UTC
Tnx fellows,

Part-timer, I think I am going to try the black wash effect, tnx for the tip

Danny,

Quoted Text

I like how it is right now. Could you please give an overwiew pic, so we can see how it looks in total ?

Sorry, the water pictures you see is not from my good piece but from one of the test pieces, that has a dozen other colors on it so you would not see the effect of the water
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 05:07 AM UTC
ronny i have an advice for u. It looks like a high mountain so, there should be some snow and the river should be frozen. My opinion
beachbm2
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 400 posts
Armorama: 151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 07:20 AM UTC
I must agree with most here, It looks real good. May just need a few coats if you want it to look like more water but you said you wanted a seep and it sure looks like a seep. Try Googling "Mt. Zion National Park" it is in the State of Utah and they have a semi famous cliff face that has seeps and it may help? But as I said it looks good now.
HTH
Jeff AKA beachbm2
Touchdown
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 481 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 08:15 AM UTC
i like it also roadkill, i find its look real

grtz gary
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 - 10:22 AM UTC
It looks great Ronny! If you do decide to make it look a little more 3D.. a great medium is superglue Gel. It doesnt dry for about 20 seconds so you could pull a cocktail stick through it for some very small ripples. It dries very clear .... give it an hour or two before adding anything to it. Wash with black or brown oil and future as suggested above!
I made little ripples before with this gel and it worked a treat. On little ledges.. there will lay some water ... so you may want to use it here. Try it.. you may be surprised!! Good thing you have a test subject alongside!
 _GOTOTOP