_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
NVA BMP-2 attachment points for KMT-10
jegbosch
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 06:42 AM UTC
Another question about the arsenal of the NVA (East German Army).

Does somebody knows and have a picture of a NVA BMP-2 with the attachment points on the lower bow for the KMT-10 mine rakes or mine detection arrays?

I have both BMP Concord books and searched the internet but I can not find proof.

bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 10:38 PM UTC
Hi,
are you looking for NVA BMPs only or any BMP-2 ? If I remember well the Dragon/Revell/Zvezda kits feature the mounting points on the lower hull. The problem I encountered is I didn't find any picture or diagram showing the piping of the KMT10.

Olivier
jegbosch
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 01:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,
are you looking for NVA BMPs only or any BMP-2 ? If I remember well the Dragon/Revell/Zvezda kits feature the mounting points on the lower hull. The problem I encountered is I didn't find any picture or diagram showing the piping of the KMT10.

Olivier

I am looking for the NVA BMPs only. I have the Revell BMP-2 and am planning to build a NVA one. Just can´t find any prove the NVA had them so I wonder if I need to remove them or can leave them as they are.

I found those pictures of the mounted system:
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product3969.html
eoinryan
Visit this Community
Cork, Ireland
KitMaker: 232 posts
Armorama: 134 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 - 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Jegbosch,

There are great BMP-2 walk-around pics at the below address:

http://www.primeportal.net/apc/yuri_pasholok/bmp-2m_w_kornet/

I don't know if it will answer your question but I'm currently building a REVELL 1/35 BMP-2 and I find myself going back to these pics time and again.

Eoin
andymon
Visit this Community
Hamburg, Germany
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 12:50 AM UTC
Hi guys,

when you will build an correct NVA BMP-2, you have many problems. The Kit, Revell, Zvesda, Dragon or Italeri are very bad and have many errors. The turret have no extra-armor. You will use an BMP-1 track, this. And many more. You want pics, mail me, i have taken some in the "Panzermuseum Munster" / Tankmuseum Munster. The NVA have only 24 BMP-2...

Andreas

_GOTOTOP