_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Buildings & Ruins
Ruined buildings and city scenes.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Battle in the city.(Nam) start construct.
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 331 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 09:17 AM UTC
Hi, I has start to construct my new diorama on today. The idea of this diorama decide to Vietnam war scene. Story happen in the city of Vietnam call "Hua". Here about 50% of my work on today buildings and base. Welcome any ideas to this work about the composition or others. Thank you.

parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 12:48 PM UTC
Hi Prasert,
Looks exellent.I will watch for your updates.
What is the material you are using?Styro or plaster?

Tom
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 06:03 PM UTC
Hi Tom, glad to receive yours reply. The material I use to this work is plaster and please continue to next post soon. Thank you.
/image.file[/img]
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 09:16 PM UTC
Hello Praesert,

This looks really cool, nice composition. Will you some figures between the buiding and the wall so that your dio will allow multi nagle views ?
I would be very interesting in some explanation from you on the way you achieve such building. Didi you use molds ? Or are you starting with a square of plaster that you simply grave ? Anyway the result is great.
I will watch for updates !
Best,
Julien
stansmith
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 611 posts
Armorama: 584 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 09:29 PM UTC
brilliant piece of work will definetly watch for updates
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 - 12:55 AM UTC
Brilliant work on the buildings and road- it looks really good. Can't wait to see it all painted up and weathered.
walley54
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 108 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 - 02:08 AM UTC
Prasert, Great job so far, looking forward to seeing the progress. I am assuming the building is scratch built? Would you consider making and selling the same type of building, or doing a step by step tutorial on how you did it? Keep up the good work
Walley V
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 786 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 - 03:55 AM UTC
amazing custom work Prasert. i can't wait to see your painting of this diorama as you always do an exceptional job. hope to see a tutorial which you may want to submit for a Feature Article so it will be always there for fellow modelers. cheers, mh
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Friday, August 06, 2010 - 07:40 PM UTC
้ำHello friends, I'm very glad to receive all of yours reply comments and thanks so much to all of you.
Julien: I begin with mold making first and use gypsum plaster mix with a little glue (latex) drop to the mold. Thanks Julien.
Stanley: Thank you Stanley. I start my next step on today and maybe can post on tomorrow.
Karl: Thanks so much Karl.
Walley: Thank for yours advice. It's very difficult to sell about this products in my country and for export more harder because problem about investment.
Mh:Thank you my friend, also follow up yours work to, very nice job.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 12:40 AM UTC
Hi Prasert. Very nice start to your diorama. Great job with the scribing.
Would the wall in front of the building be so tall in reality ... would it not block too much daylight? Just a thought ... I don´t know what is normal for Vietnam, but this would be something that would be havily considered in our neck of the world.
PolishBrigade12
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 366 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 05:10 AM UTC
Hi Prasert,

You are making great headway on this dio. You are doing exactly as I did for my Hue City dio. Plaster is a pain to work with and many guys have gone to blue construction foam, but you are dialed in just right. I added a link below for you to review if you wish to do so.

I spent many hours etching the plaster as you are, however in the future I will probably try the blue foam. Things are coming along very well, so keep us informed of your progress. Nam is my favorite subject and I'll repost all my stuff in the photo files. Feel free to hit me up for anything you think I may be able to help on. Always willing to help a fellow paint and glue sniffer, HA! LOL

Cheers, Ski.

http://put.url.here http://www.track-link.net/gallery/7245
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 04:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Prasert. Very nice start to your diorama. Great job with the scribing.
Would the wall in front of the building be so tall in reality ... would it not block too much daylight? Just a thought ... I don´t know what is normal for Vietnam, but this would be something that would be havily considered in our neck of the world.

Hi Frank, thanks so much for your reply and about suggestion of the wall front of building, I think too it's a little bit high. Glad to hear from you. Prasert.
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 04:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Prasert,

You are making great headway on this dio. You are doing exactly as I did for my Hue City dio. Plaster is a pain to work with and many guys have gone to blue construction foam, but you are dialed in just right. I added a link below for you to review if you wish to do so.

I spent many hours etching the plaster as you are, however in the future I will probably try the blue foam. Things are coming along very well, so keep us informed of your progress. Nam is my favorite subject and I'll repost all my stuff in the photo files. Feel free to hit me up for anything you think I may be able to help on. Always willing to help a fellow paint and glue sniffer, HA! LOL

Cheers, Ski.

http://put.url.here http://www.track-link.net/gallery/7245

Hi Ski, I am glad to receive of yours reply and advice about yours link that make me more reference from that. Your work of diorama is very excellently I really like that. If any question about diorama of Nam I shall asp require to you. Many thanks Ski. Prasert.
GregCloseCombat
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,394 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 07:56 PM UTC
very cool!!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 09:03 PM UTC
Hi Prasert, very good work and technique, I admire your patience to scribe so many bricks.
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 08:52 AM UTC
Hello and many thanks to Greg & Pat, please follow my next step of construct soon.
Prasert.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 12:18 PM UTC
Prasert: This is looking great! I agree with Frank's comment on the wall, but it sounds like you already have a plan to address this.

I also agree with those who have suggested that you create a tutorial highlighting your techniques for creating scale buildings from scratch.

Looking forward to your next progress update
PolishBrigade12
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 366 posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 01:14 PM UTC
Hi Prasert,

I know you heard it already and you will correct it, the wall is a bit high. Please keep this rollin, love the progress. I never took pics as I went along, but I can already see I have corrections to make for the next dio. Gotta love this Sport, always learning from the best!

Keep it going Bro, Ski.
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 10:09 PM UTC
Hi Jeremy, Ski. Thanks a lot to yours reply. I plan to start next progress on this holiday about increase some of windows, doors, and roof, please continue and share yours suggest to me. Thank you.
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hi bros and friends, here come with my update of this diorama scene. I add few of building composition such as doors, windows, floor, and roofs, to this step work.
About wall front of the building I prepare to improve as Frank suggest during next step of rubble apply. The rest of works after this is about ground improve, rubbles, paint, inside building composition, prepare M113 Apc for it, and check for the mistake details. I am unskillfully about making composition to the building and if any mistakes or much edit to my works please give me comments and suggestions that very helpful to me. Thank you.

sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 643 posts
Armorama: 497 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 06:07 AM UTC
Looking good. What did you use for the rebar? Looking foward to your next update.
Tom
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 - 12:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looking good. What did you use for the rebar? Looking foward to your next update.
Tom

Thanks for your reply Tom. I used wire #26 make the rebar.
Prasert.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 - 01:03 AM UTC
That rebar looks great, really adds to the 'destroyed' and battle scarred sense of the scene.
Corrugated iron roof is great too, what did you use for that?
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 - 01:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That rebar looks great, really adds to the 'destroyed' and battle scarred sense of the scene.
Corrugated iron roof is great too, what did you use for that?

Hi Karl, glad to yours reply. I used corrugated paper and prepare for silver painting weathering with rust color. Thanks you.
Prasert.
baggemats
Visit this Community
Flemish Brabant, Belgium
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 - 03:33 AM UTC
hi!
looking good so far :-) one little tip from me is at the rebar, put small pieces of "concrete" attached to them as they are never completely clean, even big chunks of concrete can still hang on.
 _GOTOTOP