_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
AFV Club:Their Latest Announcements
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 11:39 PM UTC
The latest from AFV Club features in this News report. No real surprises but some excellent releases none the less. The Report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

ChrisDM
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 12:02 AM UTC
Nice to see the boxart for the MkIV Churchill, although I wish they'd get a move on and release it

That Swedish Centurion looks very nice too
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 12:31 AM UTC
Thanks Jim.
I do like the look of the Churchill, very nice.
Andy
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Armorama: 1,431 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 01:37 AM UTC
Nice stuff! The 4x2cm Flakvierling 38 (Limited Edition) is on its way to me from Hobby Easy and I can't wait to take a close look at it.

Thanks for posting these!

Rob
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 02:02 AM UTC
Im so happy to see that they will release Pz.Kpfw.III/IV workable tracks. If they follow up this with a set with lightening holes in the track teeth, I´d buy about 6 sets ... no joking. Workable tracks at an affordable price would be great!!
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 02:13 AM UTC
Very interesting Centurion conversion ! I just hope the price won't be killing my wallet
scgatgbi
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 05:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Im so happy to see that they will release Pz.Kpfw.III/IV workable tracks. If they follow up this with a set with lightening holes in the track teeth, I´d buy about 6 sets ... no joking. Workable tracks at an affordable price would be great!!

How do these compare to the Tristar III/IV workable tracks? Is the assembly different and do they have to be glued or snap together? Haven't seen the AFV Club tracks before.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 05:08 AM UTC
Very interesting. I see they have a 17pdr forecast as well, now with their Velentine would that bring an Archer one step closer?

Another good looking Churchill coming along.

Al
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 07:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

How do these compare to the Tristar III/IV workable tracks? Is the assembly different and do they have to be glued or snap together? Haven't seen the AFV Club tracks before.

Hi Sean.
I wouldn´t consider the Tristar tracks as workable. Yes they snap together, and can be formed easily, but I wouldn´t suggest painting and weathering them without gluing them first ... which also means putting them in place. A step up from indy links, but definately not workable.
I have a set of the AFV Club late Tiger tracks and can see how this quite ingenious system works. By trapping one link to another using a top piece including the teeth ... the tracks wont fall apart ... are workable ... can be painted and weathered seperatly .. and can placed on the tank as a last stage!
scgatgbi
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 285 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 09:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Sean.
I wouldn´t consider the Tristar tracks as workable. Yes they snap together, and can be formed easily, but I wouldn´t suggest painting and weathering them without gluing them first ... which also means putting them in place. A step up from indy links, but definately not workable.
I have a set of the AFV Club late Tiger tracks and can see how this quite ingenious system works. By trapping one link to another using a top piece including the teeth ... the tracks wont fall apart ... are workable ... can be painted and weathered seperatly .. and can placed on the tank as a last stage!

Frank,
Thanks for the info. So no glue required for the AFV tracks, good deal! I'm fighting with the Tristar tracks right now and while nice, are not quite as advertised. I'll have to keep the AVP tracks in mind for the next in line. They do sound a bit labor intensive, but could be very much worth the effort.

Sean
andyevans
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 12:14 AM UTC
Churchill looks very nice but still no M42 Duster then
 _GOTOTOP