Is form-u-lay closed?
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 335 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 08:06 PM UTC
Dear friends,

I thought form u lay of UK has a good line of moulds to create buildings. I emailed them for order but there was no reply. I tried going to their website, its seems offline.

Is the vendor still operational?

Cheers
Musicwerks
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 08:56 PM UTC
Hi

Certainly the link I have to them isn't working at the moment , but I think you'll agree that could be for a number of reasons other than they have closed, such as server problems etc.

Do bear in mind this time of year is the holiday season so they may be closed for a holiday hence no reply to your email and if the server needed attention or had a problem again nobody there to rectify it.

They are from what I can make out a small operation anyway so I'd say wait and see.

Alan
kristenkf
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 11:40 AM UTC
Seems to be back up now!

http://www.form-u-lay.co.uk/index.php
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 12:23 PM UTC
I emailed him last week but haven't had a reply. It is August though so as Alan says he may be on holiday.
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 335 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 12:31 PM UTC
Hi guys,

Thanks for the update. I will just have to wait patiently. Seems that the dio for the strumtiger breakthru will have to wait!
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 12:37 PM UTC
Hi

Just as a footnote, I too have tried their web site again and its working fine.

It's kind of ironic really that people today start to assume that a company is now closed because their web site link doesn't work . I just tried a link to a model makers site which the site is still working but I've now been told the company ceased trading a couple of years ago !!

Alan

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 03:33 AM UTC
I tried an alternative email address I had and got a reply but it seems they're not getting their emails from the website contact page.
If anyone wants the email address PM me - I don't want to put it up on the forum.
cplmarr
Visit this Community
Qatar
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 - 05:46 PM UTC
Form-u-lay is run as a small home business by Jeff Green so if you can't reach him he's probably on holiday. Its just great to still have these cheap and useful molds available.

The trick is to use a good release agent, quality palster (I use dental plaster) and I also back the plaster with hessian to make pulling them easier. A couple of snips in the corners of the molds makes flexing them easier. That said, they won't last forever and I would advise buying a few of your favourites just in case these should become unavailable (again).

Don't use resin in the molds - I would think maybe you could squash-cast some details like the street manholes and cast your own in resin.
 _GOTOTOP