_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
BATUS Abbot
cornisharmour
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 01:00 AM UTC
Hi All out there, can anyone help me with photos or links to any sites of British Abbots used in BATUS Canada. I have found very little on line so am looking to ex-servicemen or serving personnel for help. Got the colours sorted, just looking for reg numbers, Call Signs and zap numbers.

Can anyone help please.

Cheers - Tony
USAFSPOOK
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 01:20 AM UTC
Have you tried Tankograd's book on BATUS in their British armour specials series? I do not know if there are any pictures specifically of the Abbot, but it might be a good place to start. Of course, I understand if you are trying to avoid buying a book for a good amount of money only to find what you want is not covered inside because all you need is one picture. Nothing on the MoD website?? Will keep my eye out for you. UPDATE: Found a picture in an "old" book--British Combat Vehicles Today,Tanks Illustrated No. 23, 1986. Pages 34-35 have a black and white picture of an Abbot in the usual BATUS scheme, with the registration plate of 07 EB 43. No call sign numbers/letters visible on turret due to clutter of personal gear/equipment. Found another picture of the same vehicle in another book in the series, but all that was visible was the registration number. I also found a picture of an Abbot being use as a gate guard at BATUS on the Defense Images website, but no IDs were visible. Hope this helps somewhat.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 04:06 AM UTC
BATUS gate guard from MOD site.

cornishmodelarmour
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 11:46 PM UTC
Hi

Thanks for that infor, yes i have already purchased that publication but nothing in it. The reg number will be helpfull.

Many Thanks

Tony
cornishmodelarmour
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 11:47 PM UTC
Hi

Thanks for the pic, got that one but cant see the reg number or zap number. Have just sent an email out to BATUS to see if they can help me with images.

Cheers

Tony
 _GOTOTOP