Hosted by Darren Baker
Busch suprize
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 10:40 AM UTC

Just recieved my order from a model r/r company called Busch. I have used several of thier scinery products before and am pleased with most. The package I got today was the dandilion set. There is enough to do 60 flowers and comes with a small mat of static grass that can be cut up and used in small areas,it messures out to 115X150 mm. You get yellow (flower) and white (seed) tops and 2 sections of leaves. Then to top it all off was a sprue of small critters which will go very nice in 1/35th scale. Included was 2 snakes/2 mice/4 fish/2 frogs/1 salamander/2 butterflies/ and 2 eight leged things (spiders?). The fish are a bit on the small side but the rest are nice. Now the fern and mushroom set are good for 1/35th also. The pumpkin set vines are good but the pumpkins are questionable. I use the vines for tall leafy things. Just curl the leaves and twist around so they face up. The grape vine plants are not very good but I found that if I cut leaf sections apart and glue upwards, they make good weeds. These sets avaraged about $10.00 U.S. at my l.h.s. and are very helpfull for dio's and vin. Just thought you builders would like to know. I have problems with downloading pics so I can't show them.
sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 643 posts
Armorama: 497 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 12:36 PM UTC
Sounds good, can you give us thier web site information. I am interested in checking out thier line.
Thank you Tom
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 12:42 PM UTC
Hi Bob can you tell us the exact name of the sets please as I'm having trouble finding them in a search.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Armorama: 1,468 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 01:10 PM UTC
o.k. guys. web site is as follows---www.busch-model.com---Sets are HO scale/grape vine #189-1200---dandelions #189-1220---pumpkins#189-1201---ferns /mushrooms#189-1203. Correction on the cost. L.H.S. charged about $13 each. These are listed as HO scale but are usefull in 1/35th scale eccept the grape vines, only the leaves are usable here. If you can't find the web site, Walthers R/R catalog list some of them. Hope this helps.
 _GOTOTOP