_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Legend's 6B Batash Conversion Question
Removed by original poster on 01/17/19 - 10:44:44 (GMT).
IDFPaul
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 01:03 AM UTC
I have found more than one thing in Legends kits out of scale. The 105 barrel in the Magach 3 is pitiful. Also resin has the tenancy to shrink over time which magnifies the problem even more.

The Italeri part, which is essentially an ESCI part as it is a copy of that kit, is in scale. Not sure how close the Academy part is as I don't have one handy but I don't recall it being bad.

Hope this helps
Removed by original poster on 01/17/19 - 10:45:06 (GMT).
nooplwb
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 202 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 02:39 AM UTC
I personally think it is a shrinkage problem.
The MK2D conversion I had was quite awful...the resin upper hull was about 0.5cm(!!) shorter than the Academy plastic lower hull.The MK3D set had the same problem..... My friend's M48A2GA2 had this problem too.
I remember seeing a Nagmachon conversion in a local store a couple of years ago,due to curiosity the shopkeeper and I try 'dry' fitting the resin upper hull to an AFV club Cent kit and......
However we did a further 'digging' on the Nagmachon 'complete' kit in which a resin lower hull was provided in the set,both resin upper and lower hulls fitted together perfectly BUT....when we compared the resin lower hull to the AFV club plastic one,the Legend resin version was some kinda 'shorter',well,I should have said 'smaller' than that of AFV club's.
Good evening.
IDFPaul
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 03:17 PM UTC
I have the same problem with the upper hull of my Legend M48A1 conversion. It is also 2-3mm shorter due to shrinkage.

I have several kits by Formations that don't seem to have this problem so I assume it is the fault of the resin or the process used by different companies.

And yes the Esci based M60 is by far the best kit out there of the 3(Esci, Tamiya or Academy)
nooplwb
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 202 posts
Armorama: 195 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 07:58 PM UTC
I personally think it's a common problem on Legend's stuff and I am sorry to say,it seems like Legend just doesnt care about it otherwise he wouldn't have provided us with a lower resin hull.....if I recall correctly the Legend Nagmachon set would need the plastic(AFV club) cent running gears to complete the deal,lets think what would happen if the lower hull was in 1/37 scale.......
Removed by original poster on 01/17/19 - 10:44:34 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP