_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Question for KFMagee
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 01:35 AM UTC
Hi. Read your nice article yesterday on "Prepping Plaster Diorama Kits' and found it real interesting. Lots of good information in there. I saw at the end of this article that you were going to put out another one entitled "Painting and Detailing Structures". But didn't see it listed anyplace on this site or you own site as well. And was wondering if you had gotten around to writing it up up yet or not.

This sounds like it would be a very worth-while article to read and learn from if it goes through the basic steps of painting and detailing these plaster cast kits, as us newbies to dio. building sometimes need somebody who is very knowledgeable in this art to continue to take us through on a step-by-stept basis to sort of 'get our feet wet' so to speak and move on from there.

I do have a lot of written material I've collected in articles and books on dio. building, but have yet to find somebody out there who has written a sort of step-by-step aritcle on painting some of these plaster cast kits from the 'ground up' , so to speak.

Also checked out you web site and saw some really neat cast kits that you offer.

Thanks for your time and take care, sgirty
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,586 posts
Armorama: 1,225 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 06:59 PM UTC
The article you speak of is "Last RItes: Coloring a Church Ruin ", which can be viewed in FEATURES>DIORAMAS.... I think it is around #15-20 or thereabouts...
 _GOTOTOP