_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Firefly stowage
Rupert
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 01:50 AM UTC
Hi Folks, this is my first posting but I have been lurking for sometime now and am very impressed with the quality of work and the helpfulness that I have witnessed. I am hoping someone can shed some light on the stowage on the 13/18 Hussars Firefly Vc that Archer makes decals for "Carole". I am finally finishing the DML kit (that I started 8 years ago) and have picked up these transfers and some Resicast figures and wading set, but am stuck as to the stowage. My first question, what are the boxes on the front of the hull visible in the first pic? What is the 'dolly' on the rear in pic 3? I can only come to the conclusion that it is a doly to move 55 gal drums. Lastly does anyone have any reference photos for the tow cables used? I have the Hudson and Allen US/British tow cables but they look nothing like those pictured in the photos. Here is a link to the Archer reference photos I am referring to. TIA

http://www.archertransfers.com/AR35172pix.html
ZoomieE7
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 145 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 02:51 AM UTC
I think your "boxes" are, in fact fuel "flimsies." Note how the side corners are rounded. Glacis plate undoubtedly a bad place to store fuel; perhaps the crew was saving them for another use? The tow cables are the double stranded type visible in a photo of a Cromwell on p.59 of Squadron Signal "D-Day to Berlin" (perhaps elsewhere) I'd look in my Tamiya Cromwell for you, but I traded it a month ago. Perhaps others can be of more help to you than I.
 _GOTOTOP