_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
i've got some questions.
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 483 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 06:19 PM UTC
how do you enter campaigns? does it cost money? what all can you win? is there and age restriction? i'm 14 and i've just gotten back into modelling and i'd like to try a campaign and i just wanted to know some things before i got into it. thanks guys
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 08:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

how do you enter campaigns? does it cost money? what all can you win? is there and age restriction? i'm 14 and i've just gotten back into modelling and i'd like to try a campaign and i just wanted to know some things before i got into it. thanks guys

Campaigns are just group builds for fun. A few of us just decide to build using a theme of some historic event (like Barbarossa, the German invasion of Russia in WW2) or fantasy (like the Twilight 2000 campaign based on a role playing game of a future WW3).

They are free to enter, just enlist by using the "campaigns" link to your left in the main menu. These aren't contests, so you don't win anything. You do earn a campaign ribbon/medal which does show up on your profile page (click profile link at the bottom of this post).

The rules for campaigns vary since they are "made up" by the guys who develop the campaign with input from the rank and file.
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 16, 2003 - 11:12 PM UTC
tere is no age restriction. i'm just 13 and i was in the BoB campaing and i am in other few at the moment
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 805 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 03:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

These aren't contests, so you don't win anything. You do earn a campaign ribbon/medal which does show up on your profile page (click profile link at the bottom of this post).

I believe it is possible to run it as a contest with a prize, but I haven't seen one do it yet. Mostly it's just for fun.
Sabot
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 04:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

These aren't contests, so you don't win anything. You do earn a campaign ribbon/medal which does show up on your profile page (click profile link at the bottom of this post).

I believe it is possible to run it as a contest with a prize, but I haven't seen one do it yet. Mostly it's just for fun.

Last time we did physical prizes, it sort of turned into a fiasco. Some people who were sponsoring the prizes never came through, others took forever to eventually send out the stuff. It's not like we're a big model company or store running this site. We do good just getting fund raisers so Jim doesn't have to pay for all this stuff by himself. (see recent threads on the T-shirt campaign).
whiterook
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 04:46 AM UTC
Sabot:
Are you telling me Jim is useing money out of his own pocket to help run ArmoramA. I had no idea.

Sabot
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 09:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sabot:
Are you telling me Jim is useing money out of his own pocket to help run ArmoramA. I had no idea.

Yes, some money is brought in through sponsors (see ad banners). The T-shirt drive brought in a good amount. We've had some drives where we just PayPal money to him. Some people donated kits when we had the content drive as prizes.

Just keep in the back of your mind that when you go to a vendor's site through one of the site's links, your helping out Armorama with the ad revenue (whatever that may be).
 _GOTOTOP