Hosted by Darren Baker
When push comes to shove 1942-43
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 786 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 06:13 PM UTC
ditto on what Gary said... that boiler is truly well planned and well finished. and the figures that are painted look very polished.

i'm really curious as to what each of your updates will show us as this project is both unique and very imaginative. cheers, mh.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 06:25 PM UTC
Wow, looked like I missed a lot! I agree with the comments on the boiler, and the whole basement/cellar is coming along nicely. I was quite surprised to see the T-34/76 replaced by the Valentine, but I can't say that I object. Your updates are really interesting and I'm looking forward to the next set.
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 06:46 PM UTC
Thanks everyone for the comments.
At first I didn't think the boiler would turn out the way I was hoping it would as started to look like crap, but with a little time and paitence it turned out better than I could of hoped for. I originialy planned to use the valentine tank instead of the T-34. I just used the other tank to work out my ideas until the model arrive. I'm not too happy with the finish on the figure so far as the flat varnish I used is not a real flat, I need to get something different to use instead, But I still have plenty more to work on.
Chris
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 07:02 PM UTC
Hey Cris,

on the flat coat, i use a mix of tamiya X-21 flat base, future gloss,& tamiya lacquer thinner. not sure of the mix ratios because i just kinda go by sight and feel, but if i had to guess i would say appox.- 30 to 10 to 60 respectively. i just know i make it really thin and just mist the figure lightly till im happy. it works great for me especialy on my afv's. just my 2 cents. good luck on what ever you choose.

Gary
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 08:04 PM UTC
Ah yes, I must have had the images of your mock-up stuck in my head and totally forgot about the Valentine, as you clearly have a picture of it and stated your intentions in the first post.
ColonelRoberts
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 09:38 AM UTC
Wow!! that boiler is awesome, I really love doing as much scratch build as possible. I look at this way, why buy it if you can build and it looks way better than a store bought model. great work, can't wait to see it all done.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 09:23 AM UTC
Hey Christopher,

Just wondering how the build was comeing along. hope to see more soon.

Gary
callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 02:53 AM UTC
Love the scratch building. Look forward to seeing some more.
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 06:19 AM UTC
Sorry guys I haven't done any recent updates lately, I have been working on some other projects at the moment. With the holidays coming up and my wife and son's birthday coming up in the next few days, I have started some other kits in my stash so I can save up money. I still have a few more thing to get for the dio and hope to start back up on the build very soon, nothing more I will paint up the tanks and figures and set them aside for later. More to follow soon I hope or at least I will have the valentine posted when finished.

Chris
 _GOTOTOP