Hosted by Darren Baker
help on making walls with POP
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 483 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 07:35 AM UTC
i need help on how to make a wall out of plaster of paris. like what should i make the mold out of, how thick should it be? any help will be appreciated
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 08:13 AM UTC
Here is one way, in the following article. The article sites resin as the end result, but you can do the same with POP. You will need a master wall to make castings of.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/150

Help - there is a thread that goes over this with pictures and everythign -but I can't find it ---

If you don't have a master another way is to use aluminum foil as a base mold material. You first layout small wood peices for the basic shape of the wall including windows etc. Then you cover the frame with household foil and push it down into the recess created by the wooden frame. Then pour your POP into it.
Another framing material I just thought of are Legos, build a basic frame then put down a foil liner and pour in POP.
This foil way is not very condusive to multiple pourings. Your foil is pretty much ruin when you pull out the casting.
Pnzr-Cmdr
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 483 posts
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2003 - 09:10 AM UTC
the legos sound like a good idea. i tried earlier today pouring the POP into a dragon minitures box. it worked alright but spots were thinner that others and very textured.
whiterook
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 - 06:58 AM UTC
Sergent:
Check this out.
#1 Go to "RIMAS" profile
#2 Go to his last 10 posts
#3 click "How to build plaster walls or house"
Hope this helps.