_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Academy Grant suspension.
stevieneon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 143 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 08:39 AM UTC
I know this was posted ages ago, but just got my Academy Grant from the attic! Is the update for the Grant suspension still available? I know that Academy were sending out sprues from the "updated" suspension if asked. I have already tried Toyway to no avail. Thanks in advance.
jimz66
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,165 posts
Armorama: 1,105 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 09:39 AM UTC
Try contacting Academy directly or the supplier in your area. I am not sure who your distributor is.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 12:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I know this was posted ages ago, but just got my Academy Grant from the attic! Is the update for the Grant suspension still available? I know that Academy were sending out sprues from the "updated" suspension if asked. I have already tried Toyway to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Failing the suggestion above you can modify the suspension following Steve Zalogas advice in the Mil Mod article on the M3
You can also find someone with an Academy M7 (or find one cheap on E bay) as it has two sets of corrected bogey faces (you'll need to modify the rear). Tasca offer a set of M3 suspension as do DML/Cyber Hobby. Tasca offer individual sprues for sale on their website.
Cheers
Al
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 555 posts
Posted: Friday, September 10, 2010 - 02:59 PM UTC
i'm not suprised you've had no luck with Toyway Stevie, they're no longer the UK supplier of Academy kits, Pocketbond are the UK supplier now. i agree with Al your best bet would be ordering the Tasca M3 suspension, which would be a great improvement on the kit.
Ant
stevieneon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 143 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 09:12 PM UTC
thank you for the replies - very helpful. stevie.
 _GOTOTOP